0 flue generated with 4 armies being active

Issues with the server software (not campaign)

Moderators: Torren, Moderators

gabor_kovacs

0 flue generated with 4 armies being active

Post by gabor_kovacs »

Hello,

I run into this problem. It seems a bug :

I activated with these 4 armies:
-FLE-15 [4/5], Condor Heavy Hover Tank [4/5], Harasser Missile Platform (LRM) [4/5], HER-1B [4/5]; BV: 2182
-Tiger Medium Tank T-12 [4/5], Tiger Medium Tank T-12 [4/5], STG-3R [4/5], STG-3R [3/5]; BV: 1938
-CN9-A [4/5], Zhukov Heavy Tank [4/4], Motorized Laser Platoon (Heavy Support Laser) [3/5], STG-3G [4/4], Striker Light Tank (SRM) [4/5]; BV: 3470
-BNC-3E [4/5], PXH-1 [4/5], Partisan Heavy Tank [4/5], Zhukov Heavy Tank [4/5]; BV: 4056

I was active for a time but got no flue .I received these messages:
You manage to combine the properties of a spoon and fork and make millions. (+0 Influence)
You counted towards production (0.02 points worth).
Staff Sgt. Aeneas "Wizard" Magos has won a local tourney in his/her FS9-H. (+0 Influence)
An informant gives you information on opposing troop dispositions. (+0 Influence)

My flue was 160. About 4 hours before this happened I was active with these armies and flue was generated normally.

Regards

Gabor Kovacs

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Re: 0 flue generated with 4 armies being active

Post by Tuco »

Was this after you repaired one of those armies?
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

gabor_kovacs

Post by gabor_kovacs »

Nothing was changed. Early afternoon I was active with these armies and flue generation was working. Some hours later I became active with these armies again and I got the 0 influence messages. And the production point was bad too: 0.02 instead of 0.4.

Zerberus
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Zerberus »

If the 2000 minimum BV threshold is still in place, the 1938 BV army keeps you from getting flu. Easy enough to check as well: deactivate that army and wait for incoming flu. No idea why you got flu before, though ... :shock:

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

So Tuco investigated this a bit after I talked to gabor. Apparently this concerns a fairly old part of the code that's not well documents.

So here's the what we know:

First the BV limits for collecting flu are between 1800 and 10700.
But there is also some sort of 200 BV 'buffer' that's not really explained in the code.

Speculating, maybe this 200 buffer makes the *real* range 2000 to 10500 BV. If I get a chance, I'll test that out.

Spork
Mekwars Developer

Post by Spork »

Every now and then, I think to myself, "Self, you should redo this from the ground up."
Never had much, grew up with nothing
But the music, well it was something
Been down and out, I've been on top of the world,
World that keeps on spinning on a turntable.