Pilot levels and BV

Miscellaneous topics about the campaign

Moderator: Moderators

Would you be for removing increase BV for skilled pilots.

Poll ended at Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:09 am

Yes, Free skilled pilots for all
11%
No, you should pay for them.
74%
Maybe but not sure.
16%

Total votes: 19

Rushvin
Former MegamekNET Moderator

Pilot levels and BV

Post by Rushvin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:09 am

Once more it is your unfriendly flier with another stupid poll.

Would you be for or against removing the BV adjustment for leveled pilots? So only the BV of the unit is used.

Pro you would not be trying to get rid of the 4/4 tank crews and others
Negative 2/4 is really ruining your day.

This will run for 30 days and see what some think about this.
Last edited by Rushvin on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saint

Re: Pilot levels and BV

Post by Saint » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:12 am

Poll unclear. Is the yes answer in favor of bv level adjustment or against?
it ain't no taint to be the Saint

Rushvin
Former MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Rushvin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:18 am

edited for clarification.

Sadistic

Post by Sadistic » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:04 am

I'd rather have that 4/4 tank than have a lance of 4/5s and run into a lance of leveled pilots who have comparable equipment to mine.

Windschreiter

Post by Windschreiter » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:44 am

Removing BV adjustment for skills would totally imbalance the Campaign and would lead to a really big gap between HELOs and LELOs resulting in more frustration for the less experienced players.

Illician Lancers

Post by Illician Lancers » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:36 pm

Windschreiter wrote:Removing BV adjustment for skills would totally imbalance the Campaign and would lead to a really big gap between HELOs and LELOs resulting in more frustration for the less experienced players.
I totally agree with Windschereiter. Pilots like GX, MMM, Lumpi, Ripper, Legion, me, are doing terrible well as it is you remove it and we will do terrible well x 10 times and LELO will stop having a hard time and will get a Hell of a time trying to win anything vs those players. I think as it is now is superb for everybody.

Guillotine-X
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Guillotine-X » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Windschreiter wrote:Removing BV adjustment for skills would totally imbalance the Campaign and would lead to a really big gap between HELOs and LELOs resulting in more frustration for the less experienced players.

Yes I agree but I think that there needs to be less of a BV penalty for levels as well.

GenKumon

Post by GenKumon » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:02 am

Guillotine-X wrote:
Yes I agree but I think that there needs to be less of a BV penalty for levels as well.
Agreed. I think it should still factor into BV, but at the current rate, well...when a medium mech's BV is higher than an assault twice it's weight, even with a good pilot, it's not a balanced fight.

Scott

Post by Scott » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:03 pm

I think maybe an adjustment should be done to the cost of the skills, but I agree with those above, to make a 3/3 'mech have the same bv as a 5/5 would lead to the Higher players steamrolling the Lower ones, who would be repeatedly getting fresh 'mechs with even fresher pilots

Windschreiter

Post by Windschreiter » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:50 pm

Guillotine-X wrote:

wouldn't that alter the BV calculation of TW? Thought we weren't messing with those.

If some adjustment was possible I'm all for it. But OT was asking for removal of BV adjustment and imho it has to stay.

Brown_Adept

Post by Brown_Adept » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:01 pm

Rushvin wrote:Once more it is your unfriendly flier with another stupid poll.

Would you be for or against removing the BV adjustment for leveled pilots? So only the BV of the unit is used.

Pro you would not be trying to get rid of the 4/4 tank crews and others
Negative 2/4 is really ruining your day.

This will run for 30 days and see what some think about this.
The current pilot BV adjustment is a bit too high, BUT not haveing one would give the "old hands" even more of an advantage. New gamers don't/wont stay long when the regulars dominate them so much. Pilot costs are NEEDED.