Expanded Ops for the next cycle?

Miscellaneous topics about the campaign

Moderator: Moderators

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Expanded Ops for the next cycle?

Post by Nastyogre » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:45 pm

I know Aero is in the works. Jackal and I had worked on ideas for some additional "raid" ops that we thought would be interesting and add an "economic warfare" element to the campaign.

These ops would allow players to attack the production or bays of a faction. I will says seems to be for the options as its what we looked at in the ops builder. We didn't actually design ops that did these things. Some ideas we had and we thought the current operations builder could handle.

Factory Raid. We have had ops in the past that can do this. The idea would be to actually have that unit start on the board (this is an option apparently) and to keep it you would have to have it survive the game. The builder seems to have the ability to create a unit for the defender that would balance the BV. So it wouldn't be placing the defender in a position they couldn't win. We think there is an option to have to exit the board on a particular side (the opposite one of course) as a victory condition.

Pillage and Burn. There seems to be an option that allows for buildings to be created and have value within the mission. Destruction or protection of these buildings becomes the point of Op. Each building is worth X cbllls and/or production (the parts and such). Attacker blows them up. Defender stops this by blowing up attacker. This sort of OP would have a set turn limit. (Which is possible)

Assassination: Rework assassination to the updated payout guidelines.

Superops: We had talked about bringing the Grand Slam back. It might even be interesting to bring back the faction specific ops that we once had. (if anybody has those parameters still)

This then sets up well 5 operation groups.

Invasion Ops
Incursions
Ground
Drop

Assaults
Ground
Drop

Raid Ops
Factory Raid
Pillage and Burn (could have a couple of types, I just think it earning cash and damaging production at the same time is good)
Assassination (fat bounty for killing the enemy commander or their lance)

Superops (Designed for high BV, arranged only. Capable of taking most of a planet)

Aero (and whatever the Council has thought of for the impact and mechanics of Aero)

Thoughts, rotten vegetables? Is this in the works? Been shot down? Crushed by the hammers of Tuco or Spork? (no reason for that, maybe they got bored and decided to crush something. thunder gods do need to crush things occasionally)

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Re: Expanded Ops for the next cycle?

Post by Tuco » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:35 pm

To crush your councilmen, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of the playerbase.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

Aunodin

Post by Aunodin » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:19 pm

From what we discussed for aero, the drops can open up beachheads for ground ops just like drop ops can do the same. So an aero player could get 20% of a planet then switch over to mechs to finish conquering it.

I did put in a few suggestions for raids that could net you parts from a faction and a raid that let you take something from their faction bay, no real interest with the other councilmen currently but that is mainly because all of our energy is on aero and getting ready for the new cycle

Jackal

Post by Jackal » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:35 am

I'm in favor of some new ops. We have a bit of a Council bandwidth problem, however. Right now I think the Council is going to be pretty busy getting the changes promised by March 1st done. After than, I personally am going to be swamped with RL work until at least March 20th (and when I'm not doing work I'd like to be participating in the new cycle!).

So I'm open to it, but I think the soonest we could realistically start thinking about taking this on would be April.

Now all that said, we might be able to shorten the process a bit if some other players were interested in helping to develop (and test) ops. I could give you a tutorial if you were interested, Nasty.

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Nastyogre » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:08 am

I'd be willing but I'll be out of the country for the entire month of March. I might have access to things. We are bringing a laptop, but I can't commit until I see the kind of time parenting 5 children will be. I would guess that it will be tough to find time until we've grown accustomed to it.