Wiki Feedback: Planets

Miscellaneous topics about the campaign

Moderator: Moderators

Mock26

Wiki Feedback: Planets

Post by Mock26 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:53 am

So, I am in the process of building out the Planetary data on the wiki page and after parsing the 152,485 lines of data in the XML file I have come up with some working data. I would greatly appreciate it if everyone would take a look at the initial set up and provide me with some feedback.

Main Planets Page: http://www.mekwars.org/mediawiki-1.20.2 ... hp/Planets

From there please click through to the nested pages. PLEASE NOTE that only the first section on each page is working at this time (I would rather get feedback while building instead of after I am done!), so on the Planets page you can only click on the "Letter A" link, and on the Planets A page only the first block, A Pace through Abruzzi is set up. Clicking there takes you to Planets: A Place to Abruzzi.

Please let me know how it looks, and please if you have any suggestions for text on any of the pages let me know. I was also thinking of grouping the individual planets to 10 on a page. Too few? Too many? Just right? And finally, should the data on the Wiki be the same as that which is found on the Maps tab on the server? In other words, should Atmospheric data (gravity, weather, etc.) be included?

Any and all advice is greatly welcomed in this endeavor!

Thank you for your help.

Abe
Sarna.net Ambassador

Re: Wiki Feedback: Planets

Post by Abe » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:00 pm

Mock26 wrote:So, I am in the process of building out the Planetary data on the wiki page and after parsing the 152,485 lines of data in the XML file I have come up with some working data. I would greatly appreciate it if everyone would take a look at the initial set up and provide me with some feedback.

From there please click through to the nested pages. PLEASE NOTE that only the first section on each page is working at this time (I would rather get feedback while building instead of after I am done!), so on the Planets page you can only click on the "Letter A" link, and on the Planets A page only the first block, A Pace through Abruzzi is set up. Clicking there takes you to Planets: A Place to Abruzzi.

Please let me know how it looks, and please if you have any suggestions for text on any of the pages let me know. I was also thinking of grouping the individual planets to 10 on a page. Too few? Too many? Just right? And finally, should the data on the Wiki be the same as that which is found on the Maps tab on the server? In other words, should Atmospheric data (gravity, weather, etc.) be included?

Thank you for your help.

Hello!

I just took a look at the nested pages and reviewed the ten planet's data on teh final page. I think ten is a solid, workable number, not too big. Now what happens if we want to add in planets later? Such as, say, Would we add them in and have more than 10 on some pages with new planets (such as deeper Periphery planets). Would the way we are doing it now be flexible enough to absorb those mods?

Mock26

Re: Wiki Feedback: Planets

Post by Mock26 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:28 am

Abe wrote:
Mock26 wrote:So, I am in the process of building out the Planetary data on the wiki page and after parsing the 152,485 lines of data in the XML file I have come up with some working data. I would greatly appreciate it if everyone would take a look at the initial set up and provide me with some feedback.

Thank you for your help.

Hello!

I just took a look at the nested pages and reviewed the ten planet's data on teh final page. I think ten is a solid, workable number, not too big. Now what happens if we want to add in planets later? Such as, say, Would we add them in and have more than 10 on some pages with new planets (such as deeper Periphery planets). Would the way we are doing it now be flexible enough to absorb those mods?
If new planets get added we can bump the number of planets from 10 to 11.