Thank you to outgoing council members

Miscellaneous topics about the campaign

Moderator: Moderators

Aunodin

Thank you to outgoing council members

Post by Aunodin » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:27 pm

After looking through a lot of the work that has been done by the council, I have a huge depth of appreciation for their work and want to thank each councilor for what they have done and brought to the community. So let me say thank you for your service and I hope that the incoming council will be just as good as we start our terms

Lando

Re: Thank you to outgoing council members

Post by Lando » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:03 pm

Thank you for the flowers!

I'm pretty sure, that the new Co6 will be as good as the last was. I hope you will not dismiss all changes we had done, but take it as a base to build up your ideas, and continue to develop our community.

I wish you all great success!

I will also thank the Admins and the Mods for their reliance in the community!

Ceorl

Post by Ceorl » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:49 pm

I'd also like to say thanks. The Council's role is closer to the competitive balancing system I believe this server needs, with a faster turn around on balancing changes between the cycles. Thanks to the admins for creating the position, thanks to the players for staffing it, and thanks to Tuco for the very nice summarization of on-going Council actions.
(Retired)

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Nastyogre » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:04 pm

Thanks and you are welcome.

I think Ceorl has hit the nail on the head as to why the Co6 is a good idea. It's specializing the roles. in the past, the staff acted in almost all the administrative roles, everything save Faction Leadership.

Now the mods, moderate. The Developer, develops. The other admins see to their specific duties as well as overall responsibility. The campaign environment duties fall to the Co6. While we (they) aren't staff, the Council has taken some of the duties of the staff. If the Council is made up of motivated and active players, then you get faster response as well as being more responsive to player needs and desires.