Is there a list somewhere of all the new units in use on MMN

Miscellaneous topics about the campaign

Moderator: Moderators

Deadweight

Is there a list somewhere of all the new units in use on MMN

Post by Deadweight »

Specifically, the ones that were designed by the community?

I've seen a few units (A SCP-1C and an AL-1ON) that I didn't recognize out there.

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Re: Is there a list somewhere of all the new units in use on

Post by Tuco »

you can do a Forum search exactly here.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

Deadweight

Post by Deadweight »

Tuco wrote:you can do a Forum search exactly here.
Yeah. Thanks.

Let's imagine for a minute that I'm not an idiot and that I've already done so.

Let's also imagine that, being a clever guy, I've searched more than once, using the keywords that include but were not limited to: "new units", "design contest winner", "contest winner", "contest", "design", "winner" and that I still can't find the information I'm looking for. Let's further imagine that the best I came up with was this post, written by you, that's fairly unhelpful to me as I'm looking for a specific list of the new units that are on the build tables and not just a post about there being new units on the build tables.

Aunodin

Post by Aunodin »

I found the design contest posts but have not found a list of who won and who did not. Just the submissions and announcing that you have closed the contest

Bloodknight
MegamekNET PR Administrator

Post by Bloodknight »

These are the ones that made the cut. I will gladly add the winners' names soon to this post, but at the moment, I'm working my ass off, so the unit list will have to do for now. Thanks to the guys who constructed these, and double-thanks to Zerberus who made the unit files.

Light Vehicles:

Road Warrior
Salvar
Scorpion Light Tank (Sealed)
Geyser

Medium Vehicles:

Vedette (Sealed)
Dragonfly
Skirmisher
Roc

Heavy Vehicles:

Pangolin
Katana
Norris

Assault Vehicles:

Centaur
Fiona
Spartan
Bear
Chimera

Light Meks:

Salamander
Wolf Spider
Suburban Mech
Mule
Sand Flea
Spinosad

Medium Meks:

Honeybadger
Handaxe
Centurion AP
Scorpion IC
Ra

Heavy Meks:

RFL-3L
Ragnarok
RFL-3Y
Samurai
Strike Valkyrie
Yeti

Assault Meks:

Victor GLI
Berserker
Ant Lion
Sky Guardian
BNC-3X
Aegis

obese pigeon

Post by obese pigeon »

The Ballista B1-A didn't make it? What a crying shame!

4 LL on a quad, its like an AT-AT walker, but more awesome :)

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Post by Tuco »

Deadweight wrote:
Tuco wrote:you can do a Forum search exactly here.
Yeah. Thanks.

Let's imagine for a minute that I'm not an idiot and that I've already done so.

Let's also imagine that, being a clever guy, I've searched more than once, using the keywords that include but were not limited to: "new units", "design contest winner", "contest winner", "contest", "design", "winner" and that I still can't find the information I'm looking for. Let's further imagine that the best I came up with was this post, written by you, that's fairly unhelpful to me as I'm looking for a specific list of the new units that are on the build tables and not just a post about there being new units on the build tables.
I got the impression you know the unit names by seeing them ingame or using the buildtable viewer. Searching for the unit names would have gotten you all the details. But then, the buildtable viewer would have done the same.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

TigerShark
Mekwars Server Operator

Post by TigerShark »

Tuco wrote: I got the impression you know the unit names by seeing them ingame or using the buildtable viewer. Searching for the unit names would have gotten you all the details. But then, the buildtable viewer would have done the same.
^ There's no emoji for 'thumbs up' but... "thumbs up." :)

Deadweight

Post by Deadweight »

Tuco wrote: I got the impression you know the unit names by seeing them ingame or using the buildtable viewer. Searching for the unit names would have gotten you all the details. But then, the buildtable viewer would have done the same.
Oh come off it.

Just because I can recognize that I've never seen an AL-10N before doesn't mean I'm going to be able to pull up the buildtable viewer and easily be able to identify all of the 40 new units (many of which are variants of existing units) in a list of 500 existing units. I'd be surprised if anyone, with the exception of whoever constructed the actual buildtables (BloodKnight I assume?), could do so.

I got the impression you were being unhelpful and condescending.
BloodKnight wrote:These are the ones that made the cut.
Thanks. I have a suggestion which may kill two birds with one stone. Rather than list the winner's names (or in addition to it), you could link the units to the specific submission posts so that anyone on the forum could pull up the design without having to launch MegaMek and look them up in the build table viewer.

Mole

Post by Mole »

That's a great suggestion, Deadweight, but remember that this is an open community supported by the players and volunteer moderators and administrators. Now that you have the list of winners and know where to find the submission threads, why don't ***you*** step up to create a single post with the winners and their specs as a contribution to this joint effort?
"Take what you can, give nothing back!"
The beard, the earrings, the rum...of course I'm a pirate.

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Nastyogre »

Or volunteer for the Wiki. A great place for this sort of information.

Bloodknight
MegamekNET PR Administrator

Post by Bloodknight »

I just don't have the time at the moment to do that, when did you last see me play a game? And I used to live on the server...

Deadweight

Post by Deadweight »

Mole wrote:why don't ***you*** step up to create a single post with the winners and their specs as a contribution to this joint effort?
My that's a lot of stars.
BloodKnight wrote:I just don't have the time at the moment to do that, when did you last see me play a game? And I used to live on the server...
Well, I couldn't figure out how to link to specific posts in a thread, so I went ahead and made new threads and copied all the winning units into them.

The vehicle winners are here, and the mek winners are here.

Spork
Mekwars Developer

Post by Spork »

Thank you, that's great. I'll admit I dropped the ball on this one.
Never had much, grew up with nothing
But the music, well it was something
Been down and out, I've been on top of the world,
World that keeps on spinning on a turntable.

Mole

Post by Mole »

Deadweight wrote:
Mole wrote:why don't ***you*** step up to create a single post with the winners and their specs as a contribution to this joint effort?
My that's a lot of stars.
BloodKnight wrote:I just don't have the time at the moment to do that, when did you last see me play a game? And I used to live on the server...
Well, I couldn't figure out how to link to specific posts in a thread, so I went ahead and made new threads and copied all the winning units into them.

The vehicle winners are here, and the mek winners are here.
Thanks, Deadweight, for pulling the winners together. For future reference, the link to a specific post appears as a little page icon when you hover over "Posted: DATE TIME" entry at the top right of each post.

Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Thanks for doing that Deadweight. Looks great!

Mole wrote:For future reference, the link to a specific post appears as a little page icon when you hover over "Posted: DATE TIME" entry at the top right of each post.
Wow. That's a neat trick. Didn't know that one. Guess you learn something new every day. :)

Deadweight

Post by Deadweight »

Mole wrote: Thanks, Deadweight, for pulling the winners together. For future reference, the link to a specific post appears as a little page icon when you hover over "Posted: DATE TIME" entry at the top right of each post.
Hmmm... That's not working for me. I wonder if it's a browser/OS thing? I'm using Win7 and Chrome. In any case, I've discovered that clicking on the little page icon next to "Posted: DATE TIME" displays the specific post ID# up in the URL, so there's that.

Mole

Post by Mole »

When I right click on that little icon I get the URL to the specific post.

TigerShark
Mekwars Server Operator

Post by TigerShark »

Deadweight wrote:
Mole wrote: Thanks, Deadweight, for pulling the winners together. For future reference, the link to a specific post appears as a little page icon when you hover over "Posted: DATE TIME" entry at the top right of each post.
Hmmm... That's not working for me. I wonder if it's a browser/OS thing? I'm using Win7 and Chrome. In any case, I've discovered that clicking on the little page icon next to "Posted: DATE TIME" displays the specific post ID# up in the URL, so there's that.
@ Deadweight, You may wish to change the tags in your Mech / Vehicle posts to "code" instead of "quote". It'll space the statistics for the units out better and make each post smaller // more readable.