Things I'd like to see

Miscellaneous topics about the campaign

Moderator: Moderators

maelstorm

Re: Things I'd like to see

Post by maelstorm » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:58 am

With all the defection thing going on last cycle how bout something that i haven't noticed suggested:

Once you join a faction the only way you can defect to is sol. put a timer on it just like now, and then they can defect out of solaris. (note you lose all your units and only some make it into the house bays.)

Why? because this will also give the effect of unenrolling without unenrolling. 2 problems solved (one is for people who get smashed and instead of being a punching bag in the campaing can actually get some kind of reset and come back swinging.

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Post by Tuco » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:41 pm

maelstorm wrote:With all the defection thing going on last cycle how bout something that i haven't noticed suggested:

Once you join a faction the only way you can defect to is sol. put a timer on it just like now, and then they can defect out of solaris. (note you lose all your units and only some make it into the house bays.)

Why? because this will also give the effect of unenrolling without unenrolling. 2 problems solved (one is for people who get smashed and instead of being a punching bag in the campaing can actually get some kind of reset and come back swinging.
The timer is the problem, which could be resolved by stripping all XPs when defecting to SOL ("timer" is 100 XP then) - which can only work if SOL has a faction configuration menu. That I'm not sure of, suspect not.
Otherwise, your timer would be constant admin monitoring = no.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

maelstorm

Post by maelstorm » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:48 pm

that's a shame, The idea of exp reset seems about right for it too.

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Post by Tuco » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:13 pm

SOL has a faction config on it's own. Unfortunately, defection can only be defined globally.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.