Game economy - social security needed?

Miscellaneous topics about the campaign

Moderator: Moderators

Cashel2

Game economy - social security needed?

Post by Cashel2 »

Hi and in advance to all reading this, thank you for your time (particularly the administrators for your hard work providing this environment for others to indulge our youthful Battletech memories..)

I wanted to suggest that perhaps with the lower player numbers (particularly if your life permits the majority of your potential playtimes to be in timezones where there are very few opponents) there could be some merit towards the idea of bringing in some sort of social security payment in c-bills to permit players to slowly build up their hangars if there aren't games on offer.

Something like - if a player has sub 8000 c-bills (or 6000 or whatever is deemed an appropriate amount) then social security kicks in and they get paid like 1k a day or whatever until they reach that limit - then it stops until they dip below it again.)

For example I had a very nice game against a Periphery player recently (I apologise, the name escapes me) that had me lose a Pegasus vs the Mongoose, Locust and Scorpion that I killed. After all the repairs were done (it was a hard fought game to get to autowin) I was pretty much left at about where I was before the match...except I was down a Pegasus. I couldnt even afford the used light 'Mech I had my eye on from the faction. Still can't.

Illician Lancers

Re: Game economy - social security needed?

Post by Illician Lancers »

In theory sounds like a great idea but eventually will go to be an abusive tools that give players free cbs for doing nothing. Use your RPs to get cbs instead of units, 1 RP= 100cbs isnt much but is something. Other than that only thing your idea give me is that jackal increase the amount of cbs a RP can give instead of 100 said 200 or 250cbs etc still no much but is more than 100cbs for sure. There you got your economic security :idea:

Cashel2

Post by Cashel2 »

Oh I agree there is potential for abuse which is why the numbers should be examined carefully, wargamed and tweaked to avoid it being an issue. But the idea itself doesn't have to be a binary yes/no, it should be examined as a partial potential solution to an actual problem..

obese pigeon

Post by obese pigeon »

Cashel2 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:02 pm
For example I had a very nice game against a Periphery player recently (I apologise, the name escapes me) that had me lose a Pegasus vs the Mongoose, Locust and Scorpion that I killed. After all the repairs were done (it was a hard fought game to get to autowin) I was pretty much left at about where I was before the match...except I was down a Pegasus. I couldnt even afford the used light 'Mech I had my eye on from the faction. Still can't.
Would you have a sense of what the cbill payout was for that game? And what was the repair cost? Generally speaking, Jackal has configured the payouts for games to be profitable if you play low - mid bvs, even for poor players who choose to field mechs and lose most of their games. High bvs is a different matter though and may not be profitable.

So i'm slightly surprised by what you've posted.
Last edited by obese pigeon on Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

TigerShark
Mekwars Server Operator

Post by TigerShark »

The repairs may have been done at high target numbers for each crit, resulting in multiple failures to repair. This would then cause a cost for a re-roll. It probably skyrocketed the cost of fixing the unit, making it look like the payout was low.