Poll about Cycle Reset

Miscellaneous topics about the campaign

Moderator: Moderators

Do you want to reset to the campaign of 2008?

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes: 24

Kveldulf

Re: Poll about Cycle Reset

Post by Kveldulf »

I would love a server set in the post 3085 time period, preferably 3150 Shatter Fortress timeline (it even lends itself to a paired down faction list). About the only thing that would prevent me from enjoying that server is the ruleset of the server. Don't limit access to units, period. Don't make us go through 'Boot Camp'. Make it open, inviting, easy to come in and play with the units you want. The mini campaign framework works.

Illician Lancers

Post by Illician Lancers »

if you want a post 3085 server legends 2 is running. This is always been a 3025 server and i doubt will ever be anything else.

Also legends 2 have a system very similar to what you describe with the great idea that ones you use a unit in a game that unit is frozen and cannot be use again until you have use unless 80% of the total bv of your hangar in your current mini campaign also you cannot buy new units until you finish your mini campaign and your units are unfrozen then you can buy units to replenish what you have lost.

Kveldulf

Post by Kveldulf »

Legends 2 is a 3067-3085 Jihad Era server, and I do play there from time to time. There is a huge difference between a Jihad Era setting and a Shattered Fortress Era setting.

I understand that this has always been a server set in 3025, but there was discussion in this thread about server settings in general even in regards to other servers. I think it would benefit the community as a whole to try and move forward into the more current timelines. The fact that there was a VERY successful kickstarter for Clan Invasion minis and materials and yet there is NO Invasion Era servers available to try and reel these people into online play is a telling lack I feel. Also we are moving toward a new Era in the Battletech setting with ilClan and we have no relevant server to try and promote that setting and reel those people in either.

My worry is that the 3025 setting, while being easy to learn and totally classic, is not what more and more of the actual base wants to play. Myself, I find 3025 tedious and boring for anything other than teaching games to bring people into the game. When I play I like the newer stuff, Clans, Republic, etc.