Potential Solution to the Bays...

Post here your ideas for the server software (not campaign)

Moderators: Torren, Moderators

Ottskaya

Potential Solution to the Bays...

Post by Ottskaya »

Its clear the fix to the bay system has brought some grief to myself and a few others...

I see the use in limiting the bays somewhat, but honestly I don't think 90 is acceptable for frontline commanders, who are supposed to build armies to fight in grand battles.

So here is my potential solution: Perhaps we can get an increase of bays by rank? Say if you start with 85 bays you will get 50% more (rounded down, so 42 extra bays). This would bring you to 127 bays. A noticeable increase but not as much as we had before.

It will could allow players to set aside some assaults to use without crushing their bulk armies, provide incentive for promotion, and again overall reflect the change in the players stature (moving from a 'regular commander, raiding and skirmishing - to 'frontline' now the leader of a real army).

Naturally the number can be arranged somewhat - but I think the idea could help. :mrgreen:
Literally your generic Level 1 Capellan baddie. Incompetent but dogged! We'll get you someday!

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Re: Potential Solution to the Bays...

Post by Tuco »

ehm you can buy bays.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

Ottskaya

Post by Ottskaya »

Tuco wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:46 pm
ehm you can buy bays.
Oh now that hurts :cry:

Give me some more credit, man! I know its not an essay of a suggestion but at least give it a better response than that! I know it can be a hassle explaining old, hashed out ideas to rookies like me but please try. :mrgreen:

In response: Yes I know we can buy bays, but they are somewhat expensive - coming in at in between a medium and heavy mech in terms of CBs for a single bay - which will not cover the space required for more than a light vehicle or mechanized infantry platoon. As mentioned before - it makes sense to limit bays to a degree. But I personally think the limit is too harsh, especially for frontline commanders - who are expected to do assaults as well as skirmishes.

I can't really say much more than I already said above until I get some other form of response.
Literally your generic Level 1 Capellan baddie. Incompetent but dogged! We'll get you someday!

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Post by Tuco »

Bays per rank is not coded so I would have to move this to mekwars suggestions, not campaign suggestions. But it would be a lot of code I think. The subfaction code is very specific, for example you cannot even rename subfactions. Also, coding happens if server operators show interest in this (or Spork likes it without wanting to use it).

Personally, I just see an imbalance of accumulated bays to acquired units. It did not happen the same time but would have if the server restarted happened earlier, to correct the bays.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

Ottskaya

Post by Ottskaya »

Tuco wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:58 am
Bays per rank is not coded so I would have to move this to mekwars suggestions, not campaign suggestions. But it would be a lot of code I think. The subfaction code is very specific, for example you cannot even rename subfactions. Also, coding happens if server operators show interest in this (or Spork likes it without wanting to use it).

Personally, I just see an imbalance of accumulated bays to acquired units. It did not happen the same time but would have if the server restarted happened earlier, to correct the bays.
Oh okay, thank you. I hope it would not be too difficult. Feel free to move the thread. I will still stick by my suggestion for now, though.