Password of length 1 doesn't work

Issues with the server software (not campaign)

Moderators: Torren, Moderators

Entengummitiger

Password of length 1 doesn't work

Post by Entengummitiger »

I'm unable to log into accounts with password length 1. (I don't need a secure password for MekWars, I need one that is quick to type)

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Re: Password of length 1 doesn't work

Post by Tuco »

I think this is not configurable.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

Entengummitiger

Oh, am I in the wrong forum? I had hoped to leave a bug report for the developers of MekWars

Tuco

Post by Tuco »

It's not a bug because I was listening to the conversation about the password length when it was coded, and how long it at least had to be. It's a feature.

You can of course request this to be moved to suggestions if you wish. There's a sticky topic in the Mekwars Suggestions Forum by one of the developers how to present the request. The intention behind the this sticky is probably getting the requesting players to ask theirselves if it is worth coding, usefuly to a majority of the community and beyond "I need".
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

Entengummitiger

It would be a feature if it didn't accept setting a password of that length. It does however. There is no error message or anything to indicate that there is a problem. However you cannot log in. Again, no error message. It took me a while to find out what the issue is. It's even broken when your password is longer but you still try to log in with "a". Again no error message, no "incorrect password", it just hangs. If that is intended behavior, it's terrible, albeit a fringe problem that hardly ever comes up.

This isn't for me, I can live with having a password of length 2 or whatever, and I now know what to avoid. But I can imagine someone else having the same problem in the future

Tuco

Post by Tuco »

OK, it's a bug then. All I can say is it was never intended to have someone set a password with length of one character. I'll step back and let the devs look at this.

Entengummitiger

thank you