Operations Editor: Space Aero

Topics related to the server software (not campaign)

Moderators: Torren, Moderators

Ironboot
Mekwars Server Operator

Operations Editor: Space Aero

Post by Ironboot »

Under the Operations Editor > Deployment Tab

Down below the fields.... Map Medium, Map Size X/Y and Board Size XY... is this the only place where you can set a Aero only for space combat?

I tried all the combinations of checking the "Use Operation Map", Map Name (I made a space map called Space.board) with Space and Space.board. I have used Map Medium Space....

The only thing I get is various size of blank Maps (55x55, 45X40, 35x35) from the boards that would have been played on if they where land battles.

Man.. you think you would have to be a rocket scientist to get an Aero into space ;)

Ironboot

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Re: Operations Editor: Space Aero

Post by Tuco »

We use just Space, what's wrong with that?
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

Ironboot
Mekwars Server Operator

Re: Operations Editor: Space Aero

Post by Ironboot »

Hmmm... It might have to do with mixing Boards with "random terrain". I did a test way back trying to mix a fix board with random terrain on a planet with 50/50 chance of getting one and it would just make my board plain.

The board I get is not what I typed in but the size of the board that would have been played on and plain like I was trying to mix random terrain/board again.

I looked at the Ops for Aero Incursion, Black Water Navy and Tactical Sim -Aero and each one under deployment does not have Use Operation Map checked, Map Name: Generated, Board Size X/Y are 0, Map Size X/Y have 60, 45 or 55, and they all have Map Medium Space.

I followed that but still getting a plain board...

Well of to sleep I will tackle more of this in the morning! :)