Donations

Not related to MegaMek/MegaMekNET/MekWars

Moderator: Moderators

Spork
Mekwars Developer

Donations

Post by Spork » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:56 am

So, you all know I don't ask for donations often. Well, almost ever. However, I am going to put this out there.

My son is in Boy Scouts. I donate a great deal of my time, effort, and money to being a BSA leader, helping our youth grow into responsible leaders in society.

In July of 2016, 3 adults will be taking a crew of 6 boys to the Florida Keys for an 8-day scuba trip. Only one of us has ever done SCUBA before, so it's a bit of an exciting adventure for all of us. In July of 2017, my son will join 30ish other Scouts from the Portland area on a trip to West Virginia for National Jamboree. It's an opportunity that will never be available for him again during his Scouting career, which is nearly over, and is literally a once-in-a-lifetime chance.

These two outings are going to set me back nearly $10,000. I can afford that, but it will put one hell of a dent in my budget, as I'm sure most of you can imagine.

So, if you feel like contributing to the cause, I would be exceptionally grateful. The donations buttons on www.mekwars.org have explanations on how to put a note into any donations, and I'll be sure to separate out anything that comes marked as for the scouts.

Thank you for your time,

Bob Eldred
Assistant Scoutmaster
BSA Troop 592

aka Spork
Never had much, grew up with nothing
But the music, well it was something
Been down and out, I've been on top of the world,
World that keeps on spinning on a turntable.

Abe
Sarna.net Ambassador

Re: Donations

Post by Abe » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:43 am

I can't afford much, but as a scout from WV, who went to a Jamboree, I'll send you something.