bugged game versus Deadweight

Issues with the game engine (not campaign)

Moderators: BeeRockxs, Moderators

Lischima

bugged game versus Deadweight

Post by Lischima » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:08 pm

on the Ded Corral we played a game and my Hetzer doesnt wanted to move

Deadweight

Re: bugged game versus Deadweight

Post by Deadweight » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:30 pm

Lischima wrote:on the Ded Corral we played a game and my Hetzer doesnt wanted to move
As Lischima's opponent, I can confirm this happened. His Hetzer was in an "Improved Position" hex (the infantry hexes).

Baruk suggested we reset the server and reload. Seemed to fix the problem.

arlith

Post by arlith » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:29 pm

Does MMN allow locally saved games? If so, in cases like this, it's super useful to have a saved game. Just save the game locally and attach it to the post. In that case, the MM devs can load the saved game and see why the vehicle can't move. Maybe it's a bug, then we can fix it. Maybe it's correct behavior, but we're just not communicating that to the user well; in that case we can update the UI.
Member of the MegaMek Team.

BarukKhazad
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by BarukKhazad » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:12 am

They restarted the dedicated host (causing a restart of the MegaMek server) and reloaded the game, but the issue did not duplicate. So this is probably not a bug but something akin to a corrupted memory state of the application, caused by the hardware or VM layer it is running on. I would write this issue off unless it can be duplicated from a saved game.

MMNET does not allow locally saved games but we can get them from player-hosted games.