Field gun infantry can fire field gun and regular rifle

Issues with the game engine (not campaign)

Moderators: BeeRockxs, Moderators

TelinArtho

Field gun infantry can fire field gun and regular rifle

Post by TelinArtho »

Not much to say here - but if the opponent is in range - I have the option to fire both weapons at once.

fahr

Re: Field gun infantry can fire field gun and regular rifle

Post by fahr »

they can declare both, did both attempts actually occur in fire phase? every time I have seen this it only fires the first declared and ignores the others when it resolves
It's hard to feel sexy when you wake up in a pool of your own blood.

TelinArtho

Post by TelinArtho »

I elected not to test it since I felt that would be taking advantage of a bug. Didn't it used to say "already fired other weaponry" or something similar?

fahr

Post by fahr »

yes it is supposed too, you can always declare that you think there is a bug, and save, then do it, record the results and reload the save if needed
It's hard to feel sexy when you wake up in a pool of your own blood.

arlith

Post by arlith »

Turns out you were both right: if you fired small arms then tried to fire a field gun you properly receive the "Can't fire small arms and field guns in the same turn message" however if you fired the field guns first, you could still fire small arms. This is fixed in r10238.
Member of the MegaMek Team.

Klingon

Post by Klingon »

arlith wrote:Turns out you were both right: if you fired small arms then tried to fire a field gun you properly receive the "Can't fire small arms and field guns in the same turn message" however if you fired the field guns first, you could still fire small arms. This is fixed in r10238.
This scenario has been added to the special rule reminders, as a documented bug (and thereby punishable to those who would exploit that bug).
"Grasshopper, the three secrets to life are as follows. First, keep your eyes and ears open. Second... don't tell everything you know."

Got a good idea to add to MekWars? We'd love to hear about it. (from that page, go to "Tickets", then "Feature Requests")

arlith

Post by arlith »

Klingon wrote: This scenario has been added to the special rule reminders, as a documented bug (and thereby punishable to those who would exploit that bug).
I didn't actually test the effects of firing both in the same firing phase, fyi.
Member of the MegaMek Team.

motley_jester

Post by motley_jester »

On test plays, both can be declared, but only the small arms fired for me.