Linux unable to start

Issues with the campaign environment

Moderator: Moderators

Splyncryth

Linux unable to start

Post by Splyncryth »

I'm on XUbuntu 18.04.4 LTS
Using openjdk-8-jdk

The version of Megamek I download from their website works just fine. But the version I download from mekwars.org does not start.

When I execute MMNet.sh I get the following error.

Error: Unable to initialize main class client.MWClient
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/java/swing/plaf/windows/WindowsLookAndFeel

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Re: Linux unable to start

Post by Tuco »

Why do you want to run the mekwars integrated client without mekwars?
Also, the skin it is trying to start is a windows one, not linux... you would be able to change that in your mekwars config but are trying to go around that for some reason.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

Splyncryth

Post by Splyncryth »

Tuco wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:22 pm
Why do you want to run the mekwars integrated client without mekwars?
Also, the skin it is trying to start is a windows one, not linux... you would be able to change that in your mekwars config but are trying to go around that for some reason.
I followed the install instructions https://www.mekwars.org/mediawiki-1.34. ... _procedure It says to download the MMNet client, unzip it, run it. Thats what I did.

Are there instructions on running MMNet on Linux?

Tuco

Post by Tuco »

Oh... so mekwars, not megamek. Moving topic.

Do you have a MMNet.sh in your game folder? Try that.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

Splyncryth

Post by Splyncryth »

Tuco wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:43 pm
Oh... so mekwars, not megamek. Moving topic.

Do you have a MMNet.sh in your game folder? Try that.
I do, thats what I use to try and start the game.

Splyncryth

Post by Splyncryth »

As i've stated earlier the megamek client works, while the mekwars client does not work.

When I execute MMNet.sh with in the MMNet folder I get the following error.

Error: Unable to initialize main class client.MWClient
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/java/swing/plaf/windows/WindowsLookAndFeel

Tuco

Post by Tuco »

In your mwconfig.txt, do you have an entry for LOOKANDFEEL and LOOKANDFEELSKIN and what does it say?