Operations For the New Cycle

Discussion area for campaign development

Moderator: Moderators

Domenoth

Operations For the New Cycle

Post by Domenoth »

Would it be possible to get the .txt files for the ops that were just announced? (Economy and Op Changes this weekend)

If I could get them before or shortly after they are released, I could probably get most of them on the wiki in an hour or two.

Mentawl
Former MegaMekNET Campaign Operator

Re: Operations For the New Cycle

Post by Mentawl »

They're not made yet, so no. I want to make sure the operations work and the rewards are reasonable before worrying about documenting them. I'll provide a copy of the ops once they're finalised and tested.

Bloodknight
MegamekNET PR Administrator

Post by Bloodknight »

I think we'll have a test run of several days during and after which some parameters might still be changed, putting them in the wiki would be pointless before they're finalized.

Domenoth

Post by Domenoth »

While I see the point you are trying to make, the fact that the ops are not yet finalized is actually one of the reasons I'm interested. I'm currently writing an app and figuring out a workflow that hopefully streamlines these sorts of updates. Getting copies of the files periodically as they are changing would help me get a better feel for what is working well and what could use improvement.

I'm going to get to test what it's like to start from scratch no matter what (since we don't currently have pages to describe each individual op), but if the option is available, I'd like to see how much of a pain it is to maintain these op details while the files are undergoing widespread changes, from minute to very drastic. The more changes/tweaks the better as far as my testing is concerned.

At this point, I wouldn't mess with things like op summaries or descriptions. I'd only be interested in pulling the data out of the OpEditor output files. I would think that could help players with army building since it would give an idea how many meks each op needs or if infantry are allowed/required. It could be an alternative to trial and error when you get check access results like:

- the army is under the BV limit for this type of attack
- the army does not have enough Meks
- the army does not have enough non-Infantry

Also, if any players did use the wiki pages, they could provide feedback about how easy the pages are to read, how easy it is to find the information they were looking for, or even if there is information that is missing that they would like added.

I realize my first post didn't convey any of this, and sadly, now I've written a wall of text :P

And above all, since Mentawl is as swampled as he is, I totally understand and would prefer not to add yet another task to his stack. I was just hoping to get updated copies of the zip files as they become available similar to the one he was already so generous to provide.

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Nastyogre »

They will get them to us when they can. We will zealously attack the data and post it with alacrity once it is received from on high.

:-)

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Nastyogre »

Have the ops details been finalized? If so, can we get it for the Wiki? I could probably extrapolate it and figure it out. Probably better to get the info from the horses er Cow's mouth.

Domenoth

Post by Domenoth »

I'd be happy to get going on this. Ongoing and last minute tweaks are welcome. My app is sitting on my hard drive waiting patiently to be used.

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Nastyogre »

Get to it! Get ht Wiki pages updated, its got the old stuff in it. That app is cool and gravy once the Wiki is accurate.

Mentawl
Former MegaMekNET Campaign Operator

Post by Mentawl »

I'm hoping to get the apps finalised this weekend.

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Nastyogre »

roger that boss, thanks oh sacred cow.