Struggling NOOB

Just beginning the campaign? Ask your questions here

Moderators: Jackal, Moderators

Lancastrian27

Struggling NOOB

Post by Lancastrian27 »

Hi,
I posted in Calamar's thread re players Starting time so my post probably will be lost from sight.
I'm confused by all the servers and clients. All I want to do is play some BT against the AI but I come up with Server password? Register game? and I don't know if I'm in the right program ?
I'm not good enough to play campaigns so I want to start solo against the AI.

I seem to have downloaded more programs over the last few days to try to blunder my way through them but I'm lost. I read the various guides but still mess up setting up an AI game. Once I even managed to get onto the map against the AI but I couldn't even move my 3 mechs so I logged out frustrated.
Should I just read the guides again?
Lancastrian27

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Re: Struggling NOOB

Post by Tuco »

You connected to a mekwars server, which does not involve AI games. These are campaign servers using the mekwars software and have a wrapped-in megamek. To play against the bot, all you need is megamek.
It will probably become boring soon. The learning curve for playing against humans/mekwars players will be steep, yes. But if you hold out and try to adapt and learn, it will be fun.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

Lancastrian27

Post by Lancastrian27 »

Hi Tuco,
Thanks for taking the time to answer. I will try the megamek server for the AI until I'm ready to take part in the campaign.
Thanks
Lancastrian27

marshall1234

Post by marshall1234 »

The bot is alright but it really won't teach you how to play like a live opponent. Just FYI.