Complaint Against DrBuckarooBanzai

Report here bad behavior and rule breaking

Moderator: Moderators

Dwight Derringer

Complaint Against DrBuckarooBanzai

Post by Dwight Derringer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:41 am

DrBuckarooBanzai wants to admit defeat - type /victory to accept the surrender at the end of the turn.

DrBuckarooBanzai: Too many 10's and missed 7's for me.
Dwight Derringer: If you eject the Kintaro?
DrBuckarooBanzai: Nah.

DrBuckarooBanzai: And, fyi, this is why people don't like you.
Dwight Derringer: I'm not bothered by that. The players I respect like me.
DrBuckarooBanzai: Sure they do.
Dwight Derringer: I always trip BV for my opponents. At least you can do is show me the same respect.
DrBuckarooBanzai: Nah. you don't deserve it.

Dwight Derringer: gg
DrBuckarooBanzai: Nah. you got lucky with a minmaxed army, and it gave you the win.

Rule 4.1:

"4.1. Chat

This one is pretty simple: treat your fellow players kindly and with respect. This does not only mean those in your faction but ALL players on the server. They may be your game opponents but it IS only a game."

This player has a problem being a decent person unless things are going his way. The above may seem mild, but this is not the first time he has stomped his feet at me and I'm getting tired of it. I submit before the staff and request that he be given a short vacation to reflect on his existence within a social environment. Alternatively, giving him an admin NP against me would be fine.

Just for the record; my minmaxxed army was:

4/4 STK-3H
4/4 ON1-VA
4/4 CN9-AH with Maneuvering Ace and Dodge Maneuver
4/4 MON-67

Lumpi
MegamekNET Moderator

Re: Complaint Against DrBuckarooBanzai

Post by Lumpi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:46 am

Dr Buckaroo Banzai?

Your comment?
"was interessiert mich mein geschwätz von gestern!" Konrad Adenauer German Chancelor
"what do I care about my chatter from yesterday!"

Lumpi
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Lumpi » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:07 am

Drbuckaroobanzai, you have 2 days left to answer this complaint.

If you don´t answer a decision if or how a ruling has to be made will be made without recognition of your Version
"was interessiert mich mein geschwätz von gestern!" Konrad Adenauer German Chancelor
"what do I care about my chatter from yesterday!"

Legion

Post by Legion » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:28 pm

As I have been advised by people I respect, I will respond to this.

I stand by everything I said. My opinion has been formed by not only my personal experiences.

I would formally request an administrative NP for myself vs. Dwight, as I do not appreciate his condescension nor enjoy games with him.

It seems some think that playing to BV trip is somehow respect, and that to not, is somehow disrespectful. The mind boggles.

As far as "this player has a problem being a decent person unless things are going his way," I disappoint. Losing a good game is often as enjoyable as winning a good game. Good is subjective I suppose. Close, competitive, good gameplay, not decided by low percentage dice, makes for a good game in my opinion. The generalization that I'm only gracious or a good sport (or base "decent person") when I am winning, is frankly lazy and self aggrandizing.

Rushvin
Former MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Rushvin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:22 pm

[09:44] Rushvin [FWL]: DrBuckarooBanzai you got a complaint against you, please respond in the forums
[09:44] *** DrBuckarooBanzai waves ***

Guillotine-X
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Guillotine-X » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:20 pm

After consulting with the Moderator staff we came to the agreement that a mod list No Play is the best course of action. Also Dwight Derringer, please keep in mind that anything regarding some sort of fine or ban is up for the Moderators to decide.

Thanks