Complaint against Obese Pigeon.

Report here bad behavior and rule breaking

Moderator: Moderators

Illician Lancers

Complaint against Obese Pigeon.

Post by Illician Lancers » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:53 pm

I don't have the logs of the game but I don't think either that OP will denied what happens. We played yesterday a game around 5.8k in a open map. by turn 20 something maybe 24 or 25 OP already have lost his cyclops 2/5, a wolvy 4/5 and a thunderbolt 4/5 leaving him a Night Hawk 4/4. I had lost 2 inf a rhino and have 2 vindicator badly damage and a battle master with one open leg. By that time OP already had played like 8 or 9 turns keeping the wolvy at 25 hex and snipping my army with the Night Hawk at long range firing at 10 and 11s sometimes his ER LL was at 8. I was getting boring as dead so to stop the snipping i had to go prone and hide why i should be the one getting bore alone. So he close with his units and wolvy die then from turn 26 he played 45 extras turns and adding an extra 3 hours to a 2 hours game so a 5 hours game for the sake of it snipping with the Night hawk. I ask him to engage at numerous times and he keep going to extreme range of the ER LL I pursuit he keep going around.

So my complaint about OP which i think probably will dont go anywhere is he is a veteran player and a good player to do those types of games to anyone. He waste 5 hours in a game that have 2 hours top. Quoting him "anything to win" so anything to win for OP means bore to dead another player for 3 extras hours playing a game of snipping with one unit firing at 10s, 11s and 12s for 3 extra hours because anything to win goes.

Players over the years had many complaints about me and always about me stretching the rules of the server which is true. There is a rule i use it but i never ever waste anyone time playing me. No even an extra hour so 3 extra hours for the sake of winning well never cross my mind. If im down to one unit and the other have 3 I engage i dont try to win at all cost wasting players time for the sake of winning.

Oh before i forget about it in the end of the game OP legged the BLR only unit left and legged and in the ground he spend another nearly 14 or 15 turns sniping him instead of going for the kill and trying to made sure arty hit it. Really a BLR legged on the ground and instead of going for the kill spend another 14 or 15 turns snipping at it. Ahh whatever you have in your mind OP my NK leg was open, BLR legged is too dangerous, why not finish it with another 15 turns of arty to be safe, etc. You dont waste time in a game like that. Sure you offer me if i wanted to surrender at that stage but after wasting 5 hours of my time I made sure the blr was destroy and no salvaged was left for you. Still play that way to "win at all cost" and wasting hours for the sake of it is going to cost more that you can imagine. Especially in making sure players will not waste their time playing in the server and going to legends for quick games. Which is happening now already. So your behavior only works to made sure there are less players around. Well done. Keep it up and win at all cost. Sure it will work great for you.

But is OP actitud is ok, well like i said i use what is use in the server. I don't think that is a right actitud playing here especially when the numbers of players is getting so low. A veteran player like OP should know better that to play that way and if he does that to me which im a veteran player too i can imagine him doing it to new players too because eh "anything to win " right? I dont care about losing the game or the units but i do care about wasting 3 hours for the sake of "anything to win" and yes you won the game at the end snipping 3 extra hours work for you but i dont think it will work that great in the long run for the server in general.

Oh before i forget TS was a witness he came to check 3 times in the 5 hours.

Kind regards,

Illician Lancers.

obese pigeon

Re: Complaint against Obese Pigeon.

Post by obese pigeon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:09 pm

So your complaint is that "OP should not play the way he did because he is a veteran player and should know better"?

Any rule violations you want to highlight? I get that you might be upset and need to vent, but if there are no rule violations (whether letter of the rules or spirit of the rules), this might be better moved to "General Discussion"...

Illician Lancers

Post by Illician Lancers » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:38 pm

My complaint is against your behavior no against any rules violation. You didn't broke any rules but you extent a game that have just 2 hours and 20 something turns maximum to a 5 hours game and 71 turns for the sake of it. Snipping with one unit for 54 turns. That is the complaint about behavior no rules.

Now there isn't any rules broken but you behavior as a veteran player let much to desire in that game. Obviously the admin and you will have a different point of views and things will move like i said to nowhere. I'm pretty sure this complaint will not go anywhere. But behavior attract behavior and if you behavior is ok well let said I'm good copying behavior and tactics that are ok and approved by the admins. Always that everybody is happy extending games for hours of boring snipping with 5/8/5 or 6/9/6 PPC or LL units firing for 3 or more hours on top of the game time from extended range. Then no problem. I don't think that should be a behavior to use here by anyone or to be copy because is ok to be use. But eh what can i do? I go with the flow.

obese pigeon

Post by obese pigeon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:13 pm

Given your behaviour in the past, i'm really not sure you have the right to judge.

So, you just found that that playing against a player who adopts a hyper defensive griffon hunt playstyle is no fun huh? Its frustrating and upsetting, isn't it? Maybe the lesson you should take from this is one of 'empathy'. If you don't enjoy it, then OTHERS won't enjoy it either. The previous game we played was STILL you fielding 3 jumpers and a Partisan LRM for IDF, another hyper defensive playstyle.

Maybe consider fielding balanced lances in future, you would have more fun, and players playing you would have more fun.

I also advise against making backhanded threats against the admins as you just did. Considering the trouble you've caused them in the past, I think they have been very generous towards you.

Illician Lancers

Post by Illician Lancers » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:49 pm

Did you play 71 turns and 5 hours with those 3 jumpers and partisan lrm or i did engage with my 3 jumpers whenever i use the partisan as idf or not i engage. I don't extent any game for the sake of it. I never play a griffon hunt in my armies i play against them pretty often but still those players engage they don't extent 3 extra hours and 54 turns snipping for the sake of it and fire from extreme range. Sometimes they win sometimes they don't.

My armies are more offensive that defensive OP but that is not something to talk here.

I didn't made any treats against the admins i said behavior attract behavior which is true and if your behavior is ok with the admin and they don't have anything against it. Obviously me saying i'm going to copy your play style and behavior isn't a treat to anyone because if that behavior is ok for the admin for you to be use then obviously is ok for me to use it too. Unless you are especial and is ok for you and no for the rest of players in the community.

Sure i give my fair share of problems to the admins always because i use the rules of the server to the limit. So i don't do anything against the rules but for players less experience can be disturbing I get that but whatever rule i stretch or tactic i use I always engage, I always give the other player chances to win the game and if the game is going badly for me I still engage i don't going to extreme range and bore the shit out of the other player for the sake of me "winning at all cost" or "everything goes to win" in your own words. Sure i like to win like anyone else but i don't give a shit about losing if the game is fun.

Again this isn't a complaint against any rules of BT or Megamek or the server you broke is a complaint against your behavior as a player. If you do that to me a veteran player that doesn't like that but can take it I can imagine perfectly you doing it to new players when games doesn't go your way or rng screw you for good. Then what new players aren't the old school ones. They feel bad faster and don't like to take that shit at all. what they do? they left and go to other servers or to another games, or with their own lifes. So you are making sure the Win at all cost making sure 71 turns and 5 hours snipping for 3 out of the 5 hours and 54 turns out of the 71 affect the community in the wrong way. Saying i only did that to you or never do that before doesn't count for anything. You can be telling the true or no only you know that. The thing is your behavior in that game wasn't right that is how i see it and I still remember you keep apologizing about how you were playing and telling me you don't like to play that way and keep doing it for 3 more hours while apologizing a few times while keep doing it. So not sure what type of apologies you are use to give but when i do apologizes I mean it and stop/correct my behavior. You just keep doing it for 3 more hours.

Against only thing I complaint is your behavior during the game as a player. Admin can do or not something about it that is up to them. You can see or not that your behavior wasn't right that is up to you. Me I will wait to see if admin approve your behavior as a player or not and I will take it from there. Again that isn't a treat again the admins or anyone else. I will just act accordingly to what they decide is good for the server. If your behavior is good for them then is good for me and I will play accordingly if you behavior isn't good for them then obviously no one will use it.

Kind regards,

Illician Lancers

obese pigeon

Post by obese pigeon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:03 pm

Illician Lancers wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:49 pm

Me I will wait to see if admin approve your behavior as a player or not and I will take it from there. Again that isn't a treat again the admins or anyone else. I will just act accordingly to what they decide is good for the server. If your behavior is good for them then is good for me and I will play accordingly if you behavior isn't good for them then obviously no one will use it.
The admins are smart enough to know what you are trying to do. You are trying to threaten them by putting them in a no-win situation.

Either they:
1) come down against me and punish my "behavior"
2) don't come down against me an indirectly condone said behavior (in your eyes), thereby indirectly giving you permission (in your eyes) to play at your worst like you did in the past.

Kind of like how in game you tried to (1) get me to charge your Battlemaster with the NTK by (2) threatening to play at your worst against the other players on the server.

Same thing i see here. (1) What you want + (2) Threat

Honestly, I laugh at your hollow and powerless threats. Threatening others is something the weak do to get people to do what they want.

Illician Lancers

Post by Illician Lancers » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:38 pm

Admin can do whatever they want that is why they are admins and this is their server.

I'm not trying to put them in an impossible situation. I complaint again your behavior as a player because I honestly think it was wrong. If they think your behavior as a player is ok for the community then as i said i use what is allow to play, rules, behavior, tactics, units, ammo, maps, errors from my opponent, etc, etc, etc, ...

You can take what i said whoever you want to take it but I'm always very careful with what I write and normally what I write is what I mean unless i made a grammar error or typo that I'm not aware off.

Sure I will not do my worst like you said to play but my best to win at all cost and using anything goes or anything for a win policy if that is what is allow to do. Who knows maybe I'm in the wrong thinking your behavior as a player in that game was a bad behavior and is a good behavior I have been wrong a few times in my life before. Anything is possible.

You can laugh all you want they said is good for you making you live longer that is never a bad thing.

I think until the admin don't take a decision about the complaint is pointless to keep the argument between us. Obviously you think one way I think another way. In the end what admins decide is what it goes independently of what you and me think is correct or incorrect.

Kind regards,

Illician Lancers

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Post by Tuco » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:30 pm

Since you know all the rules in and out, I don't get why you try to drag this to the admin level? A Moderator will review this.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

obese pigeon

Post by obese pigeon » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:07 am

I have the logs available if needed.

IL, what truly disgusts me is that you have a strong case of double standards. It's ok and justified for you to inflict hundreds your hyper defensive and non engagement type of games on other players, and you deliberately construct lances to that end.

Have this done to you, even in just ONE game, and you complain up a storm.

Note that my lance was "balanced" with a variety of units to perform different roles. Unlike you, I did not set out to play griffon hunt or IDF. Believe me if the cyclops and TDR had not died so fast due to tac and ammo, the game would have ended before turn 15.

You really should take a look at yourself and your own double standards

Illician Lancers

Post by Illician Lancers » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:19 am

Tuco wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:30 pm
Since you know all the rules in and out, I don't get why you try to drag this to the admin level? A Moderator will review this.
My mistake sorry. Probably I don't know all the rules in and out unless no as well as an admin or moderator. Like I said before I can be wrong sometimes like everybody. This is proof of it I read the complaint rules and for some reason I assume was admin who resolve this type of complaints instead of moderators so i mention admins instead of moderator, Again sorry for my mistake.
Last edited by Illician Lancers on Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Illician Lancers

Post by Illician Lancers » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:07 am

obese pigeon wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:07 am
I have the logs available if needed.

IL, what truly disgusts me is that you have a strong case of double standards. It's ok and justified for you to inflict hundreds your hyper defensive and non engagement type of games on other players, and you deliberately construct lances to that end.

Have this done to you, even in just ONE game, and you complain up a storm.

Note that my lance was "balanced" with a variety of units to perform different roles. Unlike you, I did not set out to play griffon hunt or IDF. Believe me if the cyclops and TDR had not died so fast due to tac and ammo, the game would have ended before turn 15.

You really should take a look at yourself and your own double standards
I don't have double standards OP you can be disgusts for many other things but no by me having double standards. I do engage in all my games. Sure i do defensive armies and try to drag sometimes the other player to attack if the terrain if more favorable for me that doesn't mean I do not engage with them even when i defend that way I always sent 1 or even 2 units to harass the opponent. Players that play often enough vs me can confirm that pretty easily. I always have in those types of armies a spider, or hermes or locust or some M unit 5/8/5 to get close to them and give them something to shot I don't just defend and stay back with all my units plus i do engage then and no from extreme range in IDF I don't know about you but you should try using IDF from extreme range is as effective as throwing a paper ball to an atlas from 2 miles away. IDF is to be use from medium and short range to be really effective and that is when i stay medium or short range of the LRM unit no at extreme. I don't deliberately made the defensive lances defensive I always try to have a balance of long, medium and short range weapons sometimes i have more long others more short so i use what i have the best i can but engaging the opponent at all times. No dragging them into a 5 hours and 71 turns for the sake of victory.

What you did to me JUST ONE GAME like you said I never ever done that here or in any server in my life. Play a fucking game for 5 hours snipping for 3 hours with just one unit and 54 turns out of 71 for the sake of it. I'm many things but one thing I'm not is been so full of myself to drag a game 3 extra hours and to get to 71 turns for the sake of victory boring the shit out of the other guy and myself in the process. That the tactic was valid sure, no one said you use a bad tactic. Snipping was the way to go with the last unit left to you. Now everything with moderation. One thing is you start snipping another is going to extreme range and snipping for 3 hours with those high hit rolls and add 54 more or less turns that way. That I got piss off sure i was piss off. No because you won or you kill my army, I could care less about that but because of the huge amount of wasting time you choose to do that.

Sure your lance was balanced matter of fact was a nice lance. I never made armies of griffon hunt i find them boring to use and no flexible to do any other thing with them. Believe it or not I'm a close combat player but I need to use what I got so if i got LRM i use lrm, if i got ppc, well i use ppcs. That would have been a nice game you see ended before turn 15 or even before turn 25 fighting well and engaging TACs, and ammo explosion is something that only RNG control no me. I got lucky there sure but what did i do to get fun in the game. Did i run away from the cyclops 2/5 or did i got close to kill him. Probably i went to extreme of the 3 ppcs and the rhino lrm to kill him I don't remember it well sure my BLR and 2 vindis weren't close to him or that the BLR put itself adjacent to the cyclops that is my bad I drag the game for 54 turns to made sure my 3 ppcs, lrm 10 and 2 lrm 20 got the cyclops because eh anything to win and better keep my distance of the AC 20, TDR true went out for ammo TAC but again from extreme range for sure too dangerous to get close so better keep my distance and made sure to kill it from extreme of the ppcs. Maybe I remember it wrong who knows. Like I said I can be many things but I don't waste anybody time for the sake of it less 3 extra hours on top of already 2 hours of game.

I took a look to myself a long time ago OP. Like I said I don't have double standards you can believe it or not that is up to you. I honestly trying to play here following the guidelines and to do my best to help new players and teach them. When something is brought to my attention by a moderator or an admin. Ones is settle i try my best to correct the issue/problem. I try not to abuse inf, no too use too much IDF, no to do hipper nasty armies, no to stretch the rules matter of fact is been a long time since anyone had a complaint about me for anything. Because i try my best. Again trying my best doesn't mean snipping someone to dead forever. Now that I think about that is a complaint no one had against me ever.

Players that know me well enough here or in other servers knows I don't have double standards at all matter of fact I'm quiet single minded. Only standard I have is to smash the other army while try to have a good time or using my army the best i can but always engaging the other gay.

obese pigeon

Post by obese pigeon » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:42 pm

Illician Lancers, you spends so many words trying to write good things about yourself, nobody knows what you are complaining about anymore...

One tip, talk is cheap. It's one thing to say how 'good' you are. But actions speak louder than words.

Illician's account (maybe due to poor memory) of what happened is also full of half truths and outright omissions. I can't be bothered to do a detailed rebuttal, because since no rules were broken, in my mind this is a frivolous complaint.

I do want to fill in a pretty glaring omission though, when the BLR was legged, I offered IL surrender, rather then to drag the game on. He refused, stating that he wanted the BLR destroyed. This was the part he omitted:

I explained that if that was the case, I had to do it safely (NTK had an open leg, and a downed BLR would likely still have killed the NTK if it closed). I offered to rush the BLR if he would refrain from shooting so as to conclude the game faster. He did not take the offer. So i was left with no choice but to shoot the BLR at 19 hexes (ER LL Long range, PPC Extreme range).

I offered to end the game earlier, he refused.

Anyway, lets talk about me instead of him. I put together a balanced lance and was planning to fight and win this in an offensive way (as usual). Unfortunately, I lost my two main units (CP-10-Z, TDR-5S) early on due to RNG. Killed his Rhino at least. Then i had to adapt my strategy to play and win with what I had left. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the units I had remaining, i had to adopt a defensive playstyle. Its also unfortunate the game went on as long as it did as a result. But i'm not seeing any behavioural issues here, and if the situation repeated itself, I would do the same thing without remorse.

I just finding ironic that the king of defensive playstyles is now griping about it. It doesn't matter if the strategy is Griffon hunt, or jumpers in terrain, or IDF. If your entire strat is geared towards making your opponent shoot at 11s or higher, it is a defensive playstyle and will invariably result in long games.

Don't forget Illician, I NP'ed you years ago because we played three 6 hour games in a row where i was chasing your jumpers all over the map while you were only engaging with IDF. I think you've gotten better in that you no longer take 5 mins to make a move, but I really think you should try fielding balanced lances. If you had fielded a balanced lance, eg VND, BLR, RHiNO, PXH, I could not have pulled off the GRF hunt. Fielding balanced lances would also help you improve as a player

Illician Lancers

Post by Illician Lancers » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:19 pm

obese pigeon wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:42 pm
Illician Lancers, you spends so many words trying to write good things about yourself, nobody knows what you are complaining about anymore...

One tip, talk is cheap. It's one thing to say how 'good' you are. But actions speak louder than words.

Illician's account (maybe due to poor memory) of what happened is also full of half truths and outright omissions. I can't be bothered to do a detailed rebuttal, because since no rules were broken, in my mind this is a frivolous complaint.

I do want to fill in a pretty glaring omission though, when the BLR was legged, I offered IL surrender, rather then to drag the game on. He refused, stating that he wanted the BLR destroyed. This was the part he omitted:

I explained that if that was the case, I had to do it safely (NTK had an open leg, and a downed BLR would likely still have killed the NTK if it closed). I offered to rush the BLR if he would refrain from shooting so as to conclude the game faster. He did not take the offer. So i was left with no choice but to shoot the BLR at 19 hexes (ER LL Long range, PPC Extreme range).

I offered to end the game earlier, he refused.

Anyway, lets talk about me instead of him. I put together a balanced lance and was planning to fight and win this in an offensive way (as usual). Unfortunately, I lost my two main units (CP-10-Z, TDR-5S) early on due to RNG. Killed his Rhino at least. Then i had to adapt my strategy to play and win with what I had left. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the units I had remaining, i had to adopt a defensive playstyle. Its also unfortunate the game went on as long as it did as a result. But i'm not seeing any behavioural issues here, and if the situation repeated itself, I would do the same thing without remorse.

I just finding ironic that the king of defensive playstyles is now griping about it. It doesn't matter if the strategy is Griffon hunt, or jumpers in terrain, or IDF. If your entire strat is geared towards making your opponent shoot at 11s or higher, it is a defensive playstyle and will invariably result in long games.

Don't forget Illician, I NP'ed you years ago because we played three 6 hour games in a row where i was chasing your jumpers all over the map while you were only engaging with IDF. I think you've gotten better in that you no longer take 5 mins to make a move, but I really think you should try fielding balanced lances. If you had fielded a balanced lance, eg VND, BLR, RHiNO, PXH, I could not have pulled off the GRF hunt. Fielding balanced lances would also help you improve as a player
I don't give a fluck about me written good things about myself. I try to write what is true period. I can write bad things about me too but for that I have many players in the server so i let that job for them probably they will write bad things that are totally true. I will never denied something about me that is true doesn't matter is that thing is good or bad.

Everything you said about the BLR is true and i didn't omitted anything is in a post a little earlier that I said you offer me if i wanted to surrender and i said no because i didnt wanted you to salvaged the BLR after nearly 5 hours so i wanted it destroy. It is written here somewhere.

it is good to know you will do the same thing without remorse in the same situation that made my life a lot more easy seriously.

I remember those few games that took forever a few years ago and is true took forever but that was a combo of connection issues, lagging, me having to repeat the same moves because i dropped so in the end totally true took on my side a long time. I had back then a lot of issues with my connection and lagging a lot i remember BaraukKhazad help me to improved my connection and get rip of the lagging eventually. He help me finding the issue. Nothing to do with me been slow moving. Of course I improved in that aspect my internet connection works fine thanks God for that. What a nightmare.

I know who to made armies OP but with the new system which i find great, no scrapping, use salvaged, to donating I have to use what I have that I wanted to add a faster unit to that army sure I would have love it. Did i have a fast unit for that army sure i didnt. Isnt about me no knowing how to made balance armies is about me having to use what i had in my hangar. By the way thanks for making room in it. I did really need new units.

Again isn't a frivolous complaint. I'm not complaining about you breaking any rules of the server or from the client. My complaint is about you behavior extending unnecessarily a game of 2 hours and 20 something turns top to 5 hours and 71 turns snipping for the last 3 hours with 1 unit basically and more or less 54 turns for the sake of it. That is my complaint.

Now if that is a frivolous complaint and a normal behavior eh sorry about all this My mistake, Moderators can drop the issue. I will try to do my best to emulate you superb and no frivolous behavior and making sure everybody have a nice and fan time. Because obviously that is the way to go.

obese pigeon

Post by obese pigeon » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:24 pm

So what is the "correct" behaviour I should have adopted in your eyes?

Illician Lancers

Post by Illician Lancers » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:39 pm

obese pigeon wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:24 pm
So what is the "correct" behaviour I should have adopted in your eyes?
I don't know you figure that out all by yourself I think we are all old enough to get to the right conclusions. At this point OP I will wait to see what the moderators said is right in this case and go with the flow.

Personally but that is just me I don't waste anyone time snipping in a game of already 2 hours adding 3 more on top of that snipping for the sake of winning. Just to clarify even if I had win the game I will had complaint for the same reasons.

Maybe you are right and this is a silly complaint with no importance at all and I'm in the wrong complaining about what I think is a wrong behavior in a game from a player of your experience. Maybe I got piss off because we got 5 hours playing and the last 3 boring as hell. Who knows I can be very wrong sometimes. But personally I think playing that way is wrong for everyone. I can understand a new player no a clue about the interface or rules, taken even a 2k game 5 hours I have been there and I didn't bother at all I try to help the guy teach him how things works, some rules, between the talking and him experimenting a game of maybe 1 hour can take easily 5. That is one thing. Dragging a 2 hours game to 5 for the sake of it is another unless in my eyes but If I'm maybe complaining for no good reason will be good to know and we can all be in the same page.

obese pigeon

Post by obese pigeon » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:20 pm

I see. I'm trying my best to understand here. You are complaining about the length of the game, which was a frustrating and unfortunate fact. I agree and sympathize. It's not the type of game I want to play either

Just so I can better understand the problematic behaviour of mine better...

If our positions were reversed, you were playing my Lance, and you lost your Cyclops and Tbolt, what would you have done?

Illician Lancers

Post by Illician Lancers » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:16 pm

Me personally i will don't have put the wolvy for I don't know how many turns in the other side of the map while starting to snipping with the Night Hawk like you did. My mechs were already all 3 with open legs and the 2 vindis were badly damage, I will have harass with the Night Hank at medium range of the ER LL trying to give to the PPC long range while closing with the wolvy then when the wolvy were close enough to be targeted but all 3 units I will have close with the night hawk to stay around 10 hex to use both LL at medium range and given to my army another target to worry about while i close with the wolvy firing as hell and trying to kick the hell out of the open legs. That is what I will have done honestly in your situations. If I win superb like they said no pain no gain, if i lost I don't waste 3 extra hours on top of already 2 hours of game snipping from long/extreme range with the night hawk boring the hell out of everyone in the game including myself.

But that is me obviously other players will have done different or similar. But I never ever played anyone anywhere that drag a game as long as you did for the sake of winning snipping with one unit alone for 3 extra hours that is my complaint about that type of behavior. You can agree or disagree that is up to you but personally I think is wrong and no a behavior to use or to repeat often especially with the low number of players that are now around and in your owns words if you get to the same situation you will do the same thing again. So obviously in your mind repeating that same tactic in the same situation and in the same manner making a 2 hours game 5 hours long or whatever time take for you to win or lose and boring the hell out of everybody is ok for the sake of winning. So yes I will complaint about that kind of behavior. I don't think works in benefit of the community at all in general. But I can be mistaken again and is a good thing/tactic/behavior and I'm doing a big deal from nothing.

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Nastyogre » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:26 am

OK, I think we know your positions. I don't think we need the flame war drug out. As you have each acknowledged there is no "rule" broken. Except maybe one, manifesto violation for not treating your opponent with respect. I'll note each of you is treading that line here, OP may have done so in the game. If you have any more meaningful points to make, rather than just demonstrating your dislike for one another, do so.

The moderators can chat a bit and you both can cool off, if you would, pretty please.

obese pigeon

Post by obese pigeon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:05 am

Hi Nasty, I did NOT disrespect IL in game. That is such an irresponsible statement for you to make when you have not even seen the game log. PM me to let me know how to get the log to you

Illician Lancers

Post by Illician Lancers » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:37 pm

obese pigeon wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:05 am
Hi Nasty, I did NOT disrespect IL in game. That is such an irresponsible statement for you to make when you have not even seen the game log. PM me to let me know how to get the log to you
I don't remember OP insulting me or calling me names or similar things either. The only thing that can be taken as a disrespect towards me is he keep apologizing for how he was choosing to play and keep doing it anyways so his apologies weren't totally sincere in that respect at all. If the mods want to take that into account that is up to the moderators.

This complaint is about OP choosing to play in the way he did making a game of 2 hours and 20 something turns top to a 5 hours and 71 turns snipping for 54 turns from extreme/long range for the sake of everything to win WASTING everybody time for the sake of a victory that doesn't really count for anything at this point in the cycle and making sure everybody was bore to dead in the process and what that can bring to the server especially knowing by OP own admission that he is willing to repeat that behavior again and again if the circumstances presented themselves and like any good tactic/behavior there will be no one no two but whatever number of copycats that will copy it when the circumstances presented themselves or just copy it strait away for the sake of playing that way from turn 1. Like i said behavior attract behavior and sure there will be players that found it fun to use and fun to play because they will think they are playing smart and works just take a few more extra hours that is all.

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Nastyogre » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:12 am

obese pigeon wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:05 am
I meant by the manner of play, not by what you said. That is in game behavior, thus "In game." My apologies if you interpreted it as anything you said.

That being said, one wouldn't have to hurl vulgarities at each other to be disrespectful.(which would be entirely out of character for each of you) The thinly veiled commentary between you two certainly means it's possible that either one, or both of you might have said something the would cross the line.

How about the moderator be the judge of what is respectful, that is our role, duty and privilege. I do think I get to express myself in a manner I choose, as long as I am respectful, and I am not going to be terribly patient with picking at my words.

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Nastyogre » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:15 am

I've PM'd you Mr. Pigeon. Send the logs to my email address provided. Thank you. IL if you like you can send them as well.

obese pigeon

Post by obese pigeon » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:27 pm

Hi NastyOgre, I don't see your PM in either my forum Private Messages nor the game client

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Nastyogre » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:31 pm

Strange, did I write it and then forget to send it. Possibly, I blame a houseful of kids. More likely just an old Ogre. Sent again and I verified it's in my outbox. Thank you.

Illician Lancers

Post by Illician Lancers » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:38 pm

Hi Nasty, As I said in the first post I don't have the logs of the game but I'm sure OP have the original logs. Those will do I think.