About Zerberus answering my complaint

Report here bad behavior and rule breaking

Moderator: Moderators

Illician Lancers

About Zerberus answering my complaint

Post by Illician Lancers »

OK so basically what you said if i understand this right is if 2 players have a conversation between them in this server and one insult or disrespect the other and is a complaint about it then admins command through a moderator direct respect by penalizing or whatever action they decide against such a player but if during the same conversation one of the players insult or disrespect another player no directly involved in that conversation whatever the insult or disrespect that player cannot feel insulted or disrespected because respect need to be earned been by word or action and somehow if that 3rd party feel insulted or disrespected is more likely because said does not deserve said respect. Otherwise the first paragraph doesn't made much sense unless is too tell me i obviously don't have the respect of CD which is obvious by this point. No that i'm going to do anything to change that fact at all.

Silly me thinking that respecting all players was the thing to do.

So dismissing my complaint and no putting CD in an admin NP ( i think that is how is called no sure now ) against me which will no be a tragedy for any of us no to me no to CD basically what you are forcing is to made sure that we can play games against each other so i have to spend some of my time playing and entertaining someone that i know have insulted and disrespected me (maybe i need lots of validation who knows ).

just to clarify i'm not contesting your ruling or appealing it just to made sure i understand completely what you are saying or implying.

True you can influence how people talk about you with your overall behavior and some behaviors speak volumes.

Kind regards,

Illician Lancers.

"Respect needs to be earned. This can be done by word and, most important, by action. If someone feels the need to command respect, it is most likely that this person does not deserve said respect.

On this server the admins command respect in direct interactions between players. This was not the case here.

You can influence how people talk about you when you're not there with your overall behaviour. If you want people to talk about you respectfully, act accordingly.

This complaint is dismissed. The ruling can be appealed as usual."

While the conversation between Op and CD was private just between the both of them i could care less what they were saying about to each other or about myself but ones OP publish the log of the conversation in the complaint forums to be addressed by a mod it made it public and no private anymore in that conversation despite all the high ground about earning respect that zerberus mention answering my complaint the reality is that CD insulted and disrespected another player of the community in this case me and after that nice explanation by zerberus about people that need to feel respected maybe dont deserve it very high morale ground there by the way when in the server rules rule 4.1 said players should respect other players in chats didnt said anything about players should earn the respect of other playersin chats but maybe im mistaken who knows. True CD wasnt talking in a chat directly to me but was talking in a chat to OP another player.

Sure true CD didnt said it to me directly that doesnt mean he didnt insulted me or disrespected me calling me unmaly and gay. so after i put the complaint i ask to put CD in an admin NP against me obviously thinking that will no be a big deal for anyone because otherwise as i said before you forcing 2 players to play each other when one doesnt one to play the other one duet to all this little issue. I have OP in my NP for life so i cannot put CD.

Also what zerberus imply in his answer is that if im talking to another player about anything and then i got in a rampage about insulting and disrespecting another player, mod or admin or anyone in this server and that conversation log is made public for whatever reason in the forums.

1) Because i didnt said it to the other person im insulting or disrespecting directly but to someone else im not insulting or disrespecting anyone. That is a relive to know.

2) The 3rd party cannot feel insulted or disrespected because respect need to be earn ( best part so far for me ). When respecting other players is a basic thing. If someone dont like for whatever reason how you play against him use your NP and problem solve.

3) Basically what zerberus ruling does is making sure you can insult and disrespect other players in a smart way whitout been touch by a mod or admin because otherwise you are showing you are no impartial and if change the ruling then need to admit the ruling was wrong. Which of course looks impossible.

But like i said i only ask for CD to be put in a NP against me I wasnt thinking that will be a great deal to made any fuss. Very basic stuff someone insult and disrespect you, you obviously dont want to play that person anymore no asking here for anything special at all.

I think this ruling concern all the community how the ruling was made and what the ruling is saying and implying. Im maybe wrong but I think it is something the community should be aware off and think about.

I think im making a valid point and also what i asked isnt a game changer.

Also i change my mind and i would like to appeal Zerberus ruling. I doubt a different outcome but as i said i think Im making a valid point for the full community no just for me.

Kind regards,

Illician Lancers.

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Re: About Zerberus answering my complaint

Post by Tuco »

Before dealing with this, I have two points to consider for you:

1.) What would happen if you ask more players to be added to your noplay lists because it turns out they have conversed about you in the same way? And the other half wants you on their noplay list?

2.) I have been talked bad about over the years very often, and sometimes it may have been appropriate. My question to me always was "improve myself? or kneejerk reaction?". Have you thought about why this happened to you?
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

Illician Lancers

Post by Illician Lancers »

Tuco wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:04 pm
Before dealing with this, I have two points to consider for you:

1.) What would happen if you ask more players to be added to your noplay lists because it turns out they have conversed about you in the same way? And the other half wants you on their noplay list?

2.) I have been talked bad about over the years very often, and sometimes it may have been appropriate. My question to me always was "improve myself? or kneejerk reaction?". Have you thought about why this happened to you?
OK they are 2 good questions. I will answer then the best i can.

1.) In all the time I have been in this server and that is a few years so far I only have twice an issue with players that gets personal with OP with i put in my NP for life and this one with CD. I tent to get along pretty well with everybody and normally when someone doesnt take well my tactics they put me in their NP and problem solve and even then we still have a good relationship. Examples Brown Adept, DayDream, Markshald1234( none of them related with IDF at all) etc. Obviously is a good question what will happen if i ask to put someone else in my NP probably what will happen is that a player for some reason went personal and cross some line which should have not cross. For me as a person that is a no no for anyone. Different players deal same issues in a different way. I doubt i will ask again to put someone else in a admin NP i dont said it cannot happen but I truly doubt it. If the other half wants me in their NP well i assume will be for a reason but i can assure you whatever the reason will be play related and no because i go personal with them. That im always ok with. Some players doesnt know how to deal with arty, or IDF, or fast strike armies, etc and if you keep using those tactics with them and smashing them all the time eventually they get tired and try to avoid that player putting them in their NP. Im ok with that. So summarizing if i ask again have to be for a very good reason never play related but someone getting personal and if the other half put me in their NP well i can only hope they put me off the NP when they get more experience.

2.) Sure Tuco I have been talked bad over the years too and like you sometimes with reason no one is a saint and i did improved myself when needed.

I know exactly why this is happening to me isnt a big mystery or something I dont understand why happens. 95% of any issue i had here in the past is game related because i use tactics that other players dont know how to deal with or when i counter the tactics of other players and dont follow they plan. This happening to me more often when i use IDF. The problem with IDF is that the vet players that know how to deal with it arent here anymore and the rest doesnt know how to deal with it that simple. Also when someone that I use idf against use it against me because i know how to counter it get fustrated which doesnt help that player. I said idf but you can pick like inf in cities, inf or light units as recon in cities, using a strike army exactly as a strike army no as a brawler army, using support units to support and no to brawler, knowing the rules and my numbers and the others no knowing then, using hovers to smash everything even in cities, etc , etc , etc. But because my actitud back in the day was instead of getting fustrated learn how to use everything and learn the rules is ok for me in the other hand no everyone is like that and that can made you get piss off with the one that is playing against you. No rocket science for me.

Im not going to change that about me I play the best i can with what i have and if you remember i was one of the players that supported and propose the autolevel hangar because that made more balanced play against new players.

So basically that is why is happening to me. No sure if that is what you are looking for an answer to both points but that is my answer to both. I hope that help to made your decision one way or another.

Kind regards,

Illician Lancers

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Post by Tuco »

I will not overrule anything here. I will not go for a can of worms and monitor every chat anytime anywhere in "hope" of finding something someone is not happy with. I also encourage you to build up a reputation other than you currently have. It is this reputation that made other player compare something to your playstyle, not you as a person.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.