grandarr - problems with Arty

Issues with the campaign environment

Moderator: Moderators

obese pigeon

grandarr - problems with Arty

Post by obese pigeon »

Posting on behalf of grandarr on account of his poor english

I played a strategic invasion with grandarr, for some reason, all his arty was OMG-UR-FD'ed. I asked him to run auto-update to update his megamek client but that didnt solve the issue. The strange thing is, we had previously played a SI where he had no problem with arty

Vector

Re: grandarr - problems with Arty

Post by Vector »

I forget who with, but I had a battle with someone where we had to cancel and change the operation because they had the same issue.

TigerShark
Mekwars Server Operator

Post by TigerShark »

This is a problem on the Admin side. There is a tab for which artillery you'd get at what BV. i.e.: Thumper for 5,000, Sniper for 10,000, etc.

So if that tab is referencing a unit that doesn't exist (due to the filename being incorrect), it'll pull an OMG. So Tuco or Spork will need to fix that.

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Post by Tuco »

It's not a server problem. The operation gives the same amount and class of tubes to both sides. Likely he'll just have to delete his /data/servers folder and reconnect.

Why is grandarr not posting this himself?
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

obese pigeon

Post by obese pigeon »

he said that he felt embarrassed about his poor english