Megamek is looking for artists

Topics related to the game engine (not campaign)

Moderators: BeeRockxs, Moderators

arlith

Megamek is looking for artists

Post by arlith » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:09 am

In the current development cycle, Megamek has added the ability to specify skins. This necessitates the need to get some new artwork into the project, so we are looking for artists who are willing to contribute. If you are interested, please send me a PM.

Mostly what we are looking for are borders and backgrounds. Hex art is also welcome. I'll attach an archive with examples of what the current UI art assets look like. Here's an example from within Megamek showing off what we've got already:

Attachments
ui_art.zip
(101.17 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Member of the MegaMek Team.

Klingon

Re: Megamek is looking for artists

Post by Klingon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:32 pm

I don't suppose you're also soliciting ideas from non-artists?
"Grasshopper, the three secrets to life are as follows. First, keep your eyes and ears open. Second... don't tell everything you know."

Got a good idea to add to MekWars? We'd love to hear about it. (from that page, go to "Tickets", then "Feature Requests")

arlith

Re: Megamek is looking for artists

Post by arlith » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:18 pm

I'm fine with feedback too, although without an artist I may not be able to act on all of it. Might as well use this thread for feedback as well.

I should maybe point out a few things first though. I'm not set on what's there now, and there are problems with it that I'd like to fix, so if your feedback is something like, "the current version is too blue, or the current version is too <X>," I'm probably already aware of that and would like to fix it as it is (but lack an artist). I also plan to make a "thin" version as well, that will largely be the same skin, just with the image scaled down some so the borders are thinner (since certain people will complain about screen real estate).

edit: Just to be clear, I meant feedback to encompass new ideas as well.
Member of the MegaMek Team.