MegaMek servers out there?

Topics related to the game engine (not campaign)

Moderators: BeeRockxs, Moderators

Darth Razorback

MegaMek servers out there?

Post by Darth Razorback » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:48 am

I've been router-wrestling for an entirely too-long time and I'm just about at the end of my patience with it. I started looking around today for public servers that are available for me and my friends to use with machines of our own design. MekWars is fun, but we like to play with more flexibility than what the 3025 campaign world can offer us. I found:

The Shack is dead.
Servers owned by guys named Steve, Dylan, and Ralgith do not seem to be working.

I found a site that charges $5 to rent your own servers but I need Paypal working to pay for it. I've been wrestling with them for months, I need a live human to talk to to get things straightened out over there. That site is Vanquish VPS, does anyone here have experience with it?

Do any of you currently play on functioning public severs?

BarukKhazad
MegamekNET Moderator

Re: MegaMek servers out there?

Post by BarukKhazad » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:39 am

Go to http://www.mekwars.org, on the right side there is a link under LiveStatistics, "All Mekwars servers".

In addition to those listed, try an internet search for "MekWars Legends" to find their site.

You should be able to host a MekWars server on Vanquish but I haven't used their service. Are you simply interested in trying to play MegaMek with your friends and trying to bypass the router firewall issues?
I had opinions/That didn't matter/I had a brain/That felt like pancake batter
I got a backyard/With nothing in it/Except a stick/A dog/And a box with something in it
The hardest button to button/ /The hardest button to button/ /The hardest button to button

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:48 pm

It's also not clear whether you want a MekWars or just a MegaMek server, by the way! Port forwarding shouldn't be too much of a problem. I had troubles with Windows Firewall, even though the router was forwarded correctly, so you might want to entirely disable it to test it out, then possibly turn it on and configure it in case that was the problem!

Darth Razorback

Post by Darth Razorback » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:51 am

Yeah, I'm just looking for a place my friends and I can play matches on, not necessarily a Mekwars campaign. At least unless I can get my hosting issues worked out, I have a post on the support forum where I'm trying to work through that.

Ladob
Mekwars Server Operator

Post by Ladob » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Mate, my campaign is dead indeed... but the servers are on and working, what kind of problem are you having to use then?

Darth Razorback

Post by Darth Razorback » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:15 pm

Actually I just recently, finally, licked the hosting problem on my end. Getting two routers to play nice with each other is tricky.

TigerShark
Mekwars Server Operator

Post by TigerShark » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:48 am

My campaign is still running as well. If you wish to jump on and use the Deds, just make a canon unit name and you should be fine.

www.mekwars-dominion.com