We allow for pretty free army construction here. Please note that if a user continually creates armies that the server population considers unfun to play against, I will consider adding rules to deal with that. We are all here to have fun. So be good to each other.
I am bringing back a very old rule: the Swarm Rule.
The Swarm Rule dates from McWizard's time, and is meant to allow people who don't like playing against swarms to avoid them, while still allowing those who don't mind to play. Basically stated, if a player is facing an army containing two or more times the number of units as are in his army, he may invoke the Swarm Rule and cancel the game. Armies with fewer than 4 units may not invoke this rule.
The Stairstep Rule is no longer in use
Variable BV Spread Rule
Variable BV Spread is not currently in use, although it is under consideration, as I feel it's useful.
There are many options to customize how units work available in game, such as through loading specialty ammunition or changing a weapon's firing mode. However, due to the 3025-era setting and a desire for overall balance, many canonical customization options are available only in certain special cases, or not at all. Note that ammunition must be loaded in advance of the battle, as no combat reloading options exist in the game engine.
- Rename pilot: Can be renamed freely outside outside battle.
- Disable autoeject: Guarantees that the pilot will not survive if their unit is destroyed. Can be toggled freely outside combat.
- Targeting system: Can be toggled between standard and anti-air outside battle. (Note that there are no operation types that use both ground and air units in the game)
- PPC field inhibitor: Can be toggled on/off in combat.
- Flamer mode: Can be toggled between damage and heat in combat.
- Fragmentation ammo: Available in all launchers.
- Narc-capable ammo: Available in all launchers.
- Artemis-capable ammo: Available in all launchers(even when the unit has no Artemis system).
- Inferno ammo: Only available in SRM2.
- Thunder ammo: Only available in LRM5.
- Flechette ammo: Available in all autocannons.
- Flak ammo: Available in all autocannons.
- Precision ammo: Only available in AC/2 and AC/5.
- Rapid fire mode: Can be toggled on/off outside battle.
A design contest took place on the forums in 2015, and the winning mechs and vehicles have been added as rare options on each faction's build table. The following units are non-canonical, but available on the server:
- Sub-Urban Mech - 25t, 4/6/0, 11 HS, 80/89 armour, LL, 5 MG(2t), flip arms
- Wolf Spider WSD-8R - 30t, 7/11,6, 10 HS, 80/105 armour, SRM-4(1t), 2 SL
- Mule ML-1 - 30t, 4/6/0, 10 HS, 96/105 armour, 4 LRM-5(3t), Flamer, flip arms
- Sand Flea SFL-2L - 30t, 6/9/0(Quad), 10 HS, 112/113 armour, SRM-4(2t), 2 ML, 2 SL, Flamer
- Spinosad SPI-1 - 30t, 7/11/0, 10 HS, 64/105 armour, 2 SL, 4 MG(2t), Flamer
- Salamander SA2 - 35t, 6/9/6, 10 HS, 104/119 armour, 2 ML, 6 MG(1t), Flamer
- Ra RA-1 - 45t, 4/6/4, 18 HS, 128/153 armour, LL, 4 ML, MG(1t)
- Honeybadger HBR-01 - 50t, 5/8/5, 12 HS, 128/169 armour, LL, 2 SRM-2(1t), ML, MG(0.5t), Hatchet
- Handaxe - 50t, 4/6/4, 12 HS, 120/169 armour, 2 LRM-5(2t), 2 LL, SRM-6(1t)
- Centurion CN9-AP - 50t, 4/6/0, 13 HS, 168/169 armour, LRM-5(1t), PPC, SRM-6(1t), 4 ML
- Scorpion SCP-1C - 55t, 5/8/0(Quad), 14 HS, 152/201 armour, PPC, SRM-6(1t), 3.5t cargo
- Rifleman RFL-3L - 60t, 4/6/0, 11 HS, 120/201 armour, 2 AC/2(1t), 2 PPC, 2 SL, flip arms
- Rifleman RFL-3Y - 60t, 3/5/3, 16 HS, 128/201 armour, 2 AC/2(1t), 2 LL, 2 ML, flip arms
- Ragnarok - 65t, 4/6/0, 10 HS, 200/211 armour, 2 AC/2(1t), LRM-5(1t), 2 ML, SL, 4 MG(1t), Hatchet
- Samurai OR-S1 - 75t, 5/8/0, 10 HS, 231/231 armour, 3 ML, 2 SRM-2(1t), Hatchet
- Strike Valkyrie STRK-VLK - 75t, 4/6/0, 11 HS, 184/231 armour, 2 LRM-15(2t), AC/2(1t), 2 SRM-4(1t), 2 ML
- Yeti YTI-1 - 75t, 3/5/3, 18 HS, 192/231 armour, PPC, LL, AC/20(2t), SL
- Victor VTR-9GLI - 80t, 4/6/4, 12 HS, 184/247 armour, LRM-10(1t), AC/20(3t), 2 ML
- Sky Guardian SG-2D - 80t, 3/5/0, 216/247 armour, 4 AC/5(5t), 2 ML, SL, flip arms
- Ant Lion AL-10N - 90t, 3/5/0, 16 HS, 240/295 armour, 2 LRM-15(3t), 1 LRM-10(1t), AC/5(1t), LL, 2 ML, SL
- Banshee BNC-3X - 95t, 4/6/0, 16 HS, 240/293 armour, PPC, Blazer, SL
- Berserker BKR-2B - 100t, 4/6/0, 10 HS, 184/307 armour, LL, 2 SRM-6(1t), Hatchet
- Aegis AS-AG1 - 100t, 2/3/0, 38 HS, 307/307 armour, 2 PPC, 2 LL, SRM-4(1t), 2 MG(1t)
- Scorpion Light Tank (Sealed) - 25t, 4/6 Tr, 64/127 armour, LL, 2 SL, 3t cargo, environmental sealing
- Road Warrior - 30t, 3/5 Wh, 96/145 armour, AC/10(2t)
- S-VI Salvar Tank - 30t, 5/8 Tr, 145/145 armour, LL, SRM-2(1t)
- Geyser Tank - 35t, 10/15 Ho, 144/162 armour, 2 ML, SRM-2(1t), 2 MG(1t)
- Dragonfly Hover Carrier - 40t, 8/12 Ho, 64/180 armour, AC/5(1t), 3 Vehicle Flamer(1t), TAG, 3.5t cargo
- Skirmisher - 40t, 6/9 Tr, 56/180 armour, AC/5(1t), 3 ML
- Vedette (Sealed) - 50t, 5/8 Tr, 96/215 armour, PPC, Flamer, 0.5t cargo, environmental sealing
- Roc Assault APC - 50t, 8/12 Ho, 128/215 armour, 3 Flamer, 6 MG(0.5t), 12t cargo
- Katana Command Tank - 60t, 4/6 Tr, 96/250 armour, PPC, MG(0.5t), 3t communications equipment
- Pangolin - 70t, 4/6 Wh, 192/285 armour, 2 LRM-15(4t), LL, Flamer
- Norris M1-A8 - 70t, 3/5 Tr, 285/285 armour, AC/20(5t), 2 MG(2t)
- Centaur Self-Propelled Assault Gun - 80t, 3/5 Tr, 160/320 armour, Sniper(3t), 4 SRM-2(2t), 4 Vehicular Grenade Launcher, MG(1t?)
- Spartan Missile Tank - 80t, 3/5 Wh, 104/320 armour, 2 LRM-20(5t), 4 SRM-6(3t)
- Fiona Heavy Tank - 90t, 3/5 Tr, 128/355 armour, 3 LL, AC/20(2t)
- Chimera Assault Tank - 95t, 2/3 Tr, 224/372 armour, 2 LRM-20(4t), AC/20(3t), 3 MG(1t), 6t cargo
- Bear Assault Tank - 100t, 2/3 Tr, 160/390 armour, 2 LRM-20(4t), AC/10(4t), 3 SRM-6(2t), 2 Vehicle Flamer(1t), 4 MG(1t)