benefited both parties; Andurien could call on Canopus’ military
to bolster its defenses in the event of a secession attempt, and
Canopus gained Andurien cooperation for an attack on the Capellan
Confederation. The groundwork was thus laid years before the Fourth
Succession War; its aftermath and the political turmoil in the Free
Worlds merely provided the final impetus, launching a conflict that
would span a decade."

- Brush Wars Pg. 51 Wizkids. 2006

The new campaign is to recreate the Andurien Crisis. For those who don't know the lore of the Battletech world, in 3030 the Dutchy of Andurien, long a restive province of the Free Worlds League, declared itself independent from the Free Worlds league. Two days later forces from Andurien as well as from the Magistricy of Canopus, their longtime but secret ally, invaded the weakened Capellan Confederation in an attempt to create a new successor state and destroy the Confederation, once and for all. This launched a ten year war that involved the Confederation slowly gathering her forces to beat back the invasion, and the Free Worlds League slowly organizing to retake their wayward Dutchy.

Major Changes:

Limited Map and Factions:
Only the Free Worlds League, Capellan Confederation, Andurien-Canopus Alliance and Periphery are eligible as factions. Only those regions near the participants of the FWL, CC and ACA are included in the map.

Map is modified to represent the state of the borders after the 4th Succession War. The Confederation has lost half of her worlds and the League much of it's territory close to Terra, costing both realms major manufacturing centers. Additionally, the ACA has been granted their "1st wave planets." The invasion in a number of worlds was uncontested except by weak militia forces. These worlds have been conquered by the ACA already. The few worlds that were defended by the CC, have significant ACA presence on them.

Periphery is a "Conquer Lite" faction: Long a "non-conquer" faction, the Periphery now participates in the campaign and has the ability to conquer and be conquered. To maintain some of the protected status the Periphery has enjoyed here in Mekwars 3025, their operations only conquer half as much territory per operation. Likewise land exchange against the Periphery is only half what other factions experience.

Return of Aero: Aero operations have returned, but only Aero vs. Aero.

Currently 1 Aero op is in production

Aero Sortie 2+ Fighters 2000-4500 BV.
All aero ops have limited Land Exchange, roughly half of Ground ops.

Blackwater Navy operation will be developed. We are seeing if we can get the old operation specs. Do not buy Assault Aeros for the time being, you won't be able to use them.

Aero Tutorials: Like Aero Sortie but for Tutorials.

Pirate Sortie: Shoot down Pirates, or be a Pirate and shoot down soft "Spheroids"

Economic Balancing: The economies of any faction except the Free Worlds league would be so small that the Free Worlds League could probably just steam roll their way to victory through the ability to produce units, where the other factions would be starved for units from the beginning and it would get worse from there. The economies of the other factions have been made a reasonable fraction of the FWL. CC has been set at 75% and the ACA and Periphery at 55% of the FWL. The imbalance is intentional. These factions would have a miniscule output and these adjustments represent a significant increase in overall production for these factions.

Build Tables: Andurien-Canopus Alliance build tables are 50% FWL 50% Periphery but their factories are still either FWL or Periphery.

Alternative Victory Conditions:

Victory conditions are multi-part and while difficult are not impossible. Though quite frankly, its hard for the ACA to win because both the FWL and CC are gunning for them. Likewise it is nearly impossible for the FWL to lose. They may not win, but they can't hardly lose.

Andurien Canopus Alliance (must win 3 of the following 4)
1. +1500 cp
2. control Sian OR Atreus (Atreus is really beyond the capacity of a faction to invade really but if somebody wants to try)
3. Create a link between Canopus and Andurien (control 5 of 9 worlds from this list Aspropirgos, Butzfleth, Piriapolis, Fagerholm, El Giza, Thurrock, Claybrooke, Pipala, Calseraigne)
4. beat the next closest faction by +500 cp

Capellan Confederation (must win 3 of the following 4)
1.+1500 cp
2. control Andurien OR Atreus
3. expel the ACA from all '1st wave' planets (Palladine, Grand Base, Betelgeuse, Primus, Prix, Sax, Andarmax, New Roland, Drozan, Jacomarie, Repulse, Renown, Gunthar) Definition of "expel" reduce ACA holding to less than 20%

Free Worlds League (must win 3 of the following 4)
1. +1500 cp
2. Control Andurien (planet)
3. Control Sian

Periphery
+750 cp (a lower goal because of their lower landexchange)
beat the next closest faction by +250 cp (same as above)
if no other faction gets more than 2 of their national objectives, P wins a 3rd point.

General Operation Changes:

Tutorials: All tutorials grant slightly enhanced experience. If you win 2 tutorials you will be able to defect. Lose even one, and it will take 3 to defect.

Return of the Kingslayer: The Kingslayer operation will return, as homeworld (Capitals) will be active as targets. One change is that a Kingslayers must be launched from a world other than the homeworld. This is to simulate the seige of homeworlds that takes place. Attackers will have to keep worlds around the homeworld to attack it. Defenders will have to keep worlds around the homeworld or they will be unable to take their homeworld back. Unlike other campaigns, loss of a homeworld would not spell the end of the campaign so there is a reason to try and retake homeworlds lost.

The Kingslayer is not active to start the campaign. It will be added shortly.

Homeworld Planets are not considered conquered until 2/3rds of the planet is controlled by a single invading faction. Merely 50% control is not adequate.

This is a scenario based campaign. Let's have some fun!

World that keeps on spinning on a turntable.

Post subject: Re: Cycle Reset on Friday!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:50 am 
Mekwars Developer

Folks, I"m sorry. I've been sick for 3 days, and I don't think I'm going to make it much further tonight. I'm going to have to reschedule this for tomorrow afternoon my time (Pacific).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:00 am 
Mekwars Developer

Reset is about to start. There will be a client update. Please keep your eye on the forums and do not reconnect until I give you the green light.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:09 am 
Mekwars Developer

We are back up. I do not promise that my reboots are over, but you are welcome to connect.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]