New Army Limit for Aerospace

Post here your ideas for the server software (not campaign)

Moderators: Torren, Moderators

Vector

New Army Limit for Aerospace

Post by Vector » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:23 am

This cycle is the first cycle I've played with aerospace. I appreciate the variety it adds to the campaign. That said, the limitation of having only 6 armies at a time makes it feel impractical to go active with the less popular aerospace when looking for a game. 6 Armies seems to be about how many it takes to reliably find a game, as often I'll have 6 ground armies active at different BV ranges and encounter an enemy player in only one of them. I've seen many players give away all their aerospace units, and I believe this is mostly because of the army limitation: why use valuable hangar space on units that aren't good at finding games?

My proposed solution is that players should be able to run 2 aerospace armies in addition to their 6 ground ones. They would not be able to run more than 6 ground armies or aerospace ones, and would only be able to use the extra 2 army slots by fielding both. This would affect other parts of the campaign such as influence and production, but the ability to gain extra from running aerospace armies along with ground ones would incentivize players to try out aerospace and justify using bays on aerospace units. As some players prefer aerospace, allowing aerospace games to be more easily found on the server would aid in player retention.

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Re: New Army Limit for Aerospace

Post by Tuco » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:48 am

I don't have this option, so it's not a campaign but a code suggestion. Moving.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.