Another aero question: Pilots

Issues with the server software (not campaign)

Moderators: Torren, Moderators

Bloodknight
MegamekNET PR Administrator

Another aero question: Pilots

Post by Bloodknight » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:49 pm

I noticed that aero pilots pretty much always come home unless they take 6 pilot crits and that there's no way to automatically inflict these 6 crits on them (like destroying a tank's side IS or blowing off a mech's head)?

That means that the one unit type that really massively benefits from leveling is the one that has unkillable pilots because there is no thing like vehicular crew death (I don't think crews in general survive the destruction of their vee here, unless the turret gets blown off by the crit or the vee drowns) and aeros in TW have no cockpit location to hit and kill the pilot with like they used to in Aerotech.

I've taken down quite a few fighters with AA fire now and the pilots all survived the crash-destruction of their aero. So, is that intentional?
I mean, you could argue with the pilot ejecting, but we all know they don't, else they couldn't start driving around if they're lucky after taking 200 points to the nose in a heavy fighter.

Bloodknight
MegamekNET PR Administrator

Post by Bloodknight » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:35 pm

After checking the rules again, page 128 TW says the pilot dies if the unit is destroyed. That is currently not working.