Make the climb mode idiot proof

Post here your ideas for the game engine (not campaign)

Moderators: BeeRockxs, Moderators

Natasha Kerensky

Make the climb mode idiot proof

Post by Natasha Kerensky » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:20 pm

The climb mode is working well, but it's a problem for me that i often forget i enabled it some rounds ago and then i walk into a building and....suddenly i climbed it.
This hardly ever ends well for me.

Can we have the climb mode reset after every round or a icon of some kind showing the climb mode state (enable/disable), please?

AP514

Climb mode

Post by AP514 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:28 am

This is an old suggestion but a good one.....I can not say how many games I have lost due to the fact I crossed a bridge at one point in the game. Only to have that mode still on later in the game when I try to enter a building and instead climb it.

Can we have the CLIMB marker stay on the Mek until it is clicked off so you can tell if your still in climb mode ??

AP514

Stingr4y

Post by Stingr4y » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:35 pm

My problem is when I want to move into a building, and click move to expect a pop-up telling me of the pilot skill roll I need to make to move into a building, but after no prompt, my mek moves on top of the building without any warning.

If the programming for an icon saying that "climb mode is still on" is too difficult, I would suggest a pop-up asking (or warning) you if you want to climb.

Just my 2 cents.

AP514

Climb

Post by AP514 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Well, why not just have the "CLIMB" Icon/promt stay on the Mek until you turn/click it off...like "PRONE" shows on a downed mek. The Climb already shows as you cross a bridge using that mode. So, why not have it stay on mek showing your in climb mode.

AP514

HalBert

Post by HalBert » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:17 am

All requests for changes happens on the SourceForge site. this is the wrong place to Request For Enhancement of megamek.

try the RFE > megamek option next time your in mekwars.