Da Ogre and Marshal Represent MegaMekNet

Not related to MegaMek/MegaMekNET/MekWars

Moderator: Moderators

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Da Ogre and Marshal Represent MegaMekNet

Post by Nastyogre » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:20 pm

Marshal1234 and I belong to a Facebook group dedicated to MegaMek.

They are running a tournament with 9 of us.

8 v 8 all meks. 3025 tech. (more or less, no SL tech, Era specific missions, double blind drop)

Marshal had a "play in" game that he has won. The rest of us start now in round 2 with the brackets.

I was online talking with Legion, Severik and Sam Hood last night tweaking my army. I wasn't going to post it, but heck with it.

Lance 1

Charger CHG 1A1
Charger CHG 1A1
Cronus CNS-3M
Thunderbolt TDR-5SS

Lance 2
Battlemaster BLR-G
Battlemaster BLR-G
Hoplite HOP-B
Hoplite HOP-B

at 4/5 pilots. EXACTLY 10000 BV.

Needless to say, it's mean and not all zombie flashbulbs (too boring frankly, strong or not)

Some very classic "Hammer and Anvil" Legion and Lumpi as big players of such approaches would be proud.

Other Ideas I had

4 TDR-5SS
4 Hoplite HOP-B

True Hammer and Anvil and mono-culture which I love frankly. Just because

4 Charger 1A1
4 BLR-G

This is Hammer and Hammer. Just horrible to deal with. We really did almost decide upon this as a force. I might use it later.

I don't think there will be a way to spectate, we do have to submit logs. So I think I could post that so people could look it over.
I might record it if I can get something that isn't too demanding or make too big a file. Not sure my rig (which is 4 years old) would do a good job.

I'll let you know how it goes. Should be fun.

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Re: Da Ogre and Marshal Represent MegaMekNet

Post by Nastyogre » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:31 pm

Smooshed my opponent 1st game but had to play chase the army into the heavy woods.

Surrendered after 5 turns in the 2nd. Again the opponent took heavu woods. Worse, heavy Jungle. Every hex taken with woods.
I told him I wouldn't chase him and it wasn't respecting my time as a player. I saw his force, I expected some terrain, woods etc. Not that.

I can't tell you how I appreciate our maps and the basic reasonableness of this environment.
!@#$%^ !@#$% Is my response.

Sure I could play 400 turns and reduce the map to rubble.

TigerShark
Mekwars Server Operator

Post by TigerShark » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:44 am

Nastyogre wrote:Smooshed my opponent 1st game but had to play chase the army into the heavy woods.

Surrendered after 5 turns in the 2nd. Again the opponent took heavu woods. Worse, heavy Jungle. Every hex taken with woods.
I told him I wouldn't chase him and it wasn't respecting my time as a player. I saw his force, I expected some terrain, woods etc. Not that.

I can't tell you how I appreciate our maps and the basic reasonableness of this environment.

Another reason why I don't bother with pick-up style games. Without objective administration, it turns into garbage like that. Or gets whittled down into "let's only use the maps from the 1985 box set, since they're fair." Zzzzzz....

marshall1234

Post by marshall1234 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:46 am

TigerShark wrote:
Nastyogre wrote:Smooshed my opponent 1st game but had to play chase the army into the heavy woods.

Another reason why I don't bother with pick-up style games. Without objective administration, it turns into garbage like that. Or gets whittled down into "let's only use the maps from the 1985 box set, since they're fair." Zzzzzz....
I begged off the last tournament. The guy that was the real (()(&%%%% was pushing Nastyogre's buttons. I would have muted him and went on. That guy went on to win the tournament. He didn't do the same with the guy he faced in the final.

Not sure how long I'll stick around in this group.

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Nastyogre » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:00 am

The next tournament has better rules but I'm not so hot on playing and talking to people there. I have here and this is infinitely more important to me.