Rams Move to L.A.

Not related to MegaMek/MegaMekNET/MekWars

Moderator: Moderators

Ceorl

Rams Move to L.A.

Post by Ceorl » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:22 pm

Well Spork, you win.

Needless to say, STL isn't taking it well.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... 53ae2.html
Clans? I call you by your true names: Scum of the Star League, traitors of free will come back to lord over freedom-loving people. Come ahead, you steel-eyed robots! Come ahead and taste what a million like-minded people think of you and your damn Clans.

Spork
Mekwars Developer

Re: Rams Move to L.A.

Post by Spork » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:21 pm

I always win. :)
Never had much, grew up with nothing
But the music, well it was something
Been down and out, I've been on top of the world,
World that keeps on spinning on a turntable.

Ceorl

Post by Ceorl » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:25 pm

Congrats on your win. Welcome to Ram's Football. Overhyped and underperforming since 2004.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... 2f94d.html

My favorite parts are the sportwriters who say, "We waited 22 years for … this?", and "There were, at one point, more punts than points. And that was in the second half!"
Clans? I call you by your true names: Scum of the Star League, traitors of free will come back to lord over freedom-loving people. Come ahead, you steel-eyed robots! Come ahead and taste what a million like-minded people think of you and your damn Clans.

Spork
Mekwars Developer

Post by Spork » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:42 pm

I am going to pretend that Monday's game didn't happen.

Ceorl

Post by Ceorl » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:32 pm

A preface from Ben Frederickson:
Many former St. Louis Rams fans will celebrate Fisher's historic loss like a playoff win — something Fisher hasn't delivered since he was with the Titans in 2003. Why? Because this has become a cathartic thing, rooting against these rotten Rams after they relocated.
Nonetheless, the L.A. sportswriters are becoming humorous now that Fisher has entered the history books:
Bill Plaschke, Los Angeles Times: "Against all odds, in a city that embraced them, with fans who loved them, in a stadium that showcases them, the impossible has happened. The return of the Rams has officially become an embarrassment. A Hollywood reunion that couldn’t go wrong has blown up in bits of carpeted red. A glittering homecoming has become a prolonged wake. This match made in heaven has been ruined by newcomers from hell. The honeymoon is not only over, but also already has been engulfed in threats of divorce by fans who, during one moment Sunday afternoon, filled the Coliseum air with the loudest and angriest boos this columnist has heard there in 30 years . . . It’s embarrassing for Rams fans, who were again shown on national television sitting amid thousands of empty seats while screaming their anger and sulking in their dismay.
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ ... 837aa.html

Spork
Mekwars Developer

Post by Spork » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:02 pm

C'mon now.