Titanfall

Not related to MegaMek/MegaMekNET/MekWars

Moderator: Moderators

Ceorl

Titanfall

Post by Ceorl » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:18 am

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/12/titanfall-review

I was curious if any of the mecha junkies here have played this game and what their opinion of it is? I gotta say I've been disappointed with MWO but some of the features the reviewer describes feel like they would scratch my mech itch a lot better. I particularly like the idea of smaller 6v6 combat with the use of NPCs to flesh out the scale of the fighting.
Clans? I call you by your true names: Scum of the Star League, traitors of free will come back to lord over freedom-loving people. Come ahead, you steel-eyed robots! Come ahead and taste what a million like-minded people think of you and your damn Clans.

maelstorm

Re: Titanfall

Post by maelstorm » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:37 pm

I've played it. (beta and i've been told from other players currently playing nothing changed from beta)

1. Horrible AI (both mechs walking arround AND npcs.
2. maps are somewhat boring and claustophobic. very reminesent of COD maps (figures since it's the same team)
3. far lower skill cclieng than other fps games.
4. number of players is too low for a good match. (needs to be bumped up from 6v6 to at very least 12v12 to give a warzone feel. npcs are too dumb to really give that effect.)

All in all I will pick it up. When it drop to sub 19.99 prices. untill then in my opinion it's just not worth it.

Ceorl

Re: Titanfall

Post by Ceorl » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:45 am

Ouch, thanks for the heads up. At least it helps make MWO look better.
Clans? I call you by your true names: Scum of the Star League, traitors of free will come back to lord over freedom-loving people. Come ahead, you steel-eyed robots! Come ahead and taste what a million like-minded people think of you and your damn Clans.