Complaint against Khisanth

Report here bad behavior and rule breaking

Moderator: Moderators

Karl Martell

Complaint against Khisanth

Post by Karl Martell » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:41 am

He asked me for a game. I gave him my 4 armies bvs. He could not match and then gave me a bv himself:
[11:59] Khisanth [DC]: 3673
I tell him i can do 3690 ask if he is ok with that.

We roll, i win, i get to the front, no one there. He claims he is active, then activates :roll: , i hit him and then:
#1 Karl Martell[LC] is attempting a Skirmish on Atria (Units: 3 Meks, 1 Vees / BV: 3690). Khisanth[DC] is defending (Units: 4 Meks, 1 Inf / BV: 3796)

[12:03] Karl Martell [LC]: 3673
[12:03] Karl Martell [LC]: is what you told me and 3796 is what i face?

No answer. I ask him on the ded and he is not aware of anything.

Since I accepted to play, the outcome of the game is not what i complain about. But this setup is uncool. In more than a decade that only happened once or twice to me, and this should not be accepted (imho).

I leave it up to the staff to handle this, since I do not care any more.
If only Khisanth could please be added on my Admin-NP-list, thank you.

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Re: Complaint against Khisanth

Post by Tuco » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:06 pm

Khisanth, what do you have to say?

Since this incarnation of yours does not have a forum account along with Kriegsfalke or HightownAce, you may want to reply as Sturmfalke or Feenris.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

Windschreiter

Post by Windschreiter » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 pm

Told Khisanth of this complaint via PM in MMN, he asked me to forward this Message:

[13:59] Khisanth [DC]: I cant log in I forgot the passwords.. but now with the ganme vs Karl.. he just left and was comming back for close then 1 hour...
[14:00] Khisanth [DC]: after I won the game vs him

obese pigeon

Post by obese pigeon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:36 pm

Hi, Khisanth is unable to remember the password for his earlier accounts. He isn't able to create a new account. Meanwhile i agreed to help post his side. Here it is without edit:

[20:25] Khisanth [DC]: can U pls do me a favour
[20:26] => Khisanth [DC]: yes?
[20:26] Khisanth [DC]: I had a game vs Karl Martell this morning
[20:26] => Khisanth [DC]: ok..
[20:26] Khisanth [DC]: after the game before it could resolve he left
[20:27] => Khisanth [DC]: so you are stuck in the game?
[20:27] Khisanth [DC]: and after that he blamed me in the forum for whatever
[20:27] Khisanth [DC]: I chanceld.. because he wasnt come back for more then one hour
[20:28] => Khisanth [DC]: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9479
[20:28] => Khisanth [DC]: is this the complaint?
[20:28] Khisanth [DC]: my problem is... in cant get acces to the forum. I am there as Feenris.. but I forgot any passwords because I wastn there for more then 5 years
[20:29] => Khisanth [DC]: ok. so how can i help?
[20:29] Khisanth [DC]: yes it is the complanment..
[20:29] Khisanth [DC]: he left and because it was his sever...
[20:29] Khisanth [DC]: I had no option over then to wait until he came back
[20:30] Khisanth [DC]: 48 Min Windschreiter and Ostsol are witness
[20:30] => Khisanth [DC]: are you able to create a forum account as Khisanth?
[20:31] Khisanth [DC]: he arrged in a game and he lost on the very same BV he aggred
[20:31] Khisanth [DC]: I wish I could write it down but I cannot get acces to the forum anymore because I forgott my password
[20:32] => Khisanth [DC]: shall i just post that you have forgotten your password for your earlier forum accounts?
[20:32] Khisanth [DC]: thats why I couldnt post the BM buck
[20:32] Khisanth [DC]: that would be very very kind of U
[20:32] => Khisanth [DC]: ok i will do that. but are you able to create a new forum account with the name of Khisanth?
[20:33] Khisanth [DC]: or U may pls post my writing here to the forum
[20:33] => Khisanth [DC]: ok
[20:34] Khisanth [DC]: I played along his side for a couple cycles.. but how I get very anrgy about his behavier
[20:34] => Khisanth [DC]: ok understood
[20:35] Khisanth [DC]: you know disco and not to come back and leave me in game for close to one hour
[20:35] Khisanth [DC]: that sucks
[20:37] => Khisanth [DC]: ok. he claims that the bv was changed from what was initially agreed upon
[20:38] Khisanth [DC]: not on my side
[20:38] Khisanth [DC]: game was even as anyone can see
Last edited by obese pigeon on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

obese pigeon

Post by obese pigeon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:45 pm

This is the army Khisath claims was used:

Khisanth [DC]: My army: - PNT-9R [4/5] WHM-6K [4/5] WVE-6N [4/5] JVN-10N [4/5AT1NAG] Mechanized Wheeled Rifle Platoon (Assault Rifle) [4NAG]; BV: 3673

[20:59] => Khisanth [DC]: i just wanted to know. the army you used is EXACTLY the same as the 3673 you showed me correct? no units are different?
[20:59] => Khisanth [DC]: PNT-9R [4/5] WHM-6K [4/5] WVE-6N [4/5] JVN-10N [4/5AT1NAG] Mechanized Wheeled Rifle Platoon (Assault Rifle) [4NAG]; BV: 3673
[20:59] Khisanth [DC]: yes
[21:00] => Khisanth [DC]: ok

TigerShark
Mekwars Server Operator

Post by TigerShark » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:37 pm

As I post, please keep in mind that I do not know the situation between these two and cannot claim they did/didn't do anything inappropriate. It's ONLY regarding BV of armies.

I've noticed, recently, a discrepancy between the MekWars listed BV and that of the army in the MegaMek host. I didn't document it because the amount was so minute (+/- 100 BV). Typically, +/- 100 BV isn't a huge factor in winning/losing a game (1,000 would definitely spark some interest ;-)). And I think players are so used to having these values not match up in MegaMek that they don't pay attention. After all, pilot skill BV isn't something that translates to MM, so it would be different by necessity. But this was 100 BV over the MekWars value, which should be impossible.

Next time I see it, I will try to have some logs and screen shots to post here. My initial thought was that my opponent had manually leveled a pilot in-between accepting the attack and entering the Ded. But when I viewed his army as an Admin, I noticed the listed BV in MekWars was quite different than that of MegaMek.

Again, I don't want to dismiss Karl Martell's claim out-of-hand. But I wanted to bring this up as something people could potentially watch for in the future and report as a bug.

Tuco

Post by Tuco » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:45 pm

As far as I've understand, this is a MW only thing in this case.

I'll leave this for one of the Moderators now.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

Karl Martell

Post by Karl Martell » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Well, I was really upset and felt abused. The bv was the starting point for a number of moves I did not appreciate.

BUT if the starting point, the armies bv, stems from a server calculation problem and not intentionally behavior, then I might have overreacted (badly).
If that's the case and the other stuff turns out to be just bad communication (which seems possible to me), then I'd like to apologize to Khisanth.

Tuco

Post by Tuco » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:47 pm

Dropped.