It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 12:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: BarukKhazad and abuse of power
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:55 am 

Ok, now I am REALLY pissed the hell off. I can be abrasive, but I have never once insulted anyone directly, NOR have I EVER broken ANY rule. However, because baruk finds Me annoying, I have been banned for three days. I tried to talk to spork, but got no answer, so now I will post it here for everyone to see. I kept a log of main, and the ban message.

#2 Kim Yao Ming[CC] is attempting a Ground Incursion on Nirasaki (Units: 4 Meks / BV: 5418). Talpos[DC] is defending (Units: 2 Meks, 3 Vees, 2 Inf / BV: 5478)
Retrieving Operation Data Please Wait..
[18:44] BarukKhazad [P]: blind him!
[18:44] Giles [P]: Was going to then Rushvin rolles
[18:44] Kim Yao Ming [CC]: Yes, go ahead and get right on My NP list like baruk.
[18:44] Giles [P]: Only can put one on that list I think
[18:45] BarukKhazad [P]: hehe yeah
[18:45] Rushvin [P]: you can only have so many, we outnumber you
[18:45] Giles [P]: lol
[18:45] TheZombi [P]: there is a No play list?
[18:46] >> Exit Ares
[18:47] BarukKhazad [P]: yeah... each player can put players on their NP list and the system will not let them see each other. Currently you can have one person on the list
Talpos disconnected. You will win by forfeit if he does not return within 10 min.
[18:47] >> Exit talpos
[18:47] Kim Yao Ming [CC]: That is fine. I will just put whomever is on, on the NP list. And more than that, I will just not be active while people who do douchebag things like blind someone who has already arranged a game, are on.
[18:48] >> Enter talpos
Talpos returned. He was offline for 27 sec.
[18:48] Chaser [FWL]: I think you need a vaction
[18:48] Rushvin [P]: but he gone active before you two said anything about arranging a game. He was active before rolling dice
[18:48] Chaser [FWL]: vacation
[18:49] BarukKhazad [P]: well taking someone off your NP list is 200 flu
You counted towards production this tick (0.5 points worth).
[18:49] Giles [P]: Blinding is legal
[18:49] Kim Yao Ming [CC]: That is him. And if he does not mind being blinded, attack him. That is fine, and the price he pays. I was obviously arranged before I activated.
[18:49] Rushvin [P]: well i was not going to hit you, i didnt even see you when you gone active.
[18:50] Kim Yao Ming [CC]: Legal != Sportsmanly. It may be legal, but it is still a douche move to blind someone who has obviously, and publicly arranged a match.
[18:50] Chaser [FWL]: aranged games mean nothing here
[18:50] BarukKhazad [P]: Kim Yao Ming... after this game ou get a three day ban. You've been ignoring when I tell you to read the rules and saying things you should not... you *do*need a vacation.
[18:51] Kim Yao Ming [CC]: Excuse Me? Please tell Me which rule, precisely, I have broken? Other than annoying you, which is "legal."
[18:51] Giles [P]: Nah this game is competitive, if you need to win a planet or something along those lines blind people
[18:52] BarukKhazad [P]: no... you need to read them. I referred you to the rules at the top of the Main
[18:52] Chaser [FWL]: 4.1 This one is pretty simple: treat your fellow players kindly and with respect. This does not only mean those in your faction but ALL players on the server. They may be your game opponents but it IS only a game.
[18:53] Kim Yao Ming [CC]: I have read the rules. But you are banning Me for your own personal reasons.
[18:53] Kim Yao Ming [CC]: I have broken NO rule, nor have I insulted anyone.
[18:53] BarukKhazad [P]: no... I think you would be a fine player if you were not busy being a fool.
[18:54] Kim Yao Ming [CC]: And now YOU directly insult ME by calling Me a fool. Where is YOUR ban? Or do the ruless not apply to mods?
[18:54] Ceorl [P]: Kim, I'd recommend chilling out. Go grab a beer and relax.
[18:56] >> Enter ripper
[18:56] >> Exit RAD(ronin)
[18:59] >> Enter Sam Hood
[18:59] >> Enter Slonk
[19:00] Slonk [FWL]: Hullo, all!
[19:01] Sam Hood [DC]: If anyone would care for a bog game, please let me know.
[19:01] Sam Hood [DC]: big
You counted towards production this tick (0.5 points worth).

Tech Roll Base: 6 Roll: 9
6 points of external armor(RL) were repaired on your Hatchetman HCT-3F.
Your Hatchetman HCT-3F is now fully operational and combat ready again! Total Cost was 108cbs
Ammo set for HCT-3F (#2966892) at a cost of 18 CBills
Army #0 was removed.
You were banned by BarukKhazad for 3 days.

Now, I would really like someone to explain to Me, precisely what rule I broke, and why I deserve a 3 day ban? And why someone who DID insult Me directly by calling Me a fool gets to be a mod, and gets no punishment? He DID break a very specific rule. I was told by Tuco that direct insults 'will not be tolerated.'

This is a CLEAR abuse of power, and needs to be addressed.

Post subject: Re: BarukKhazad and abuse of power
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:20 am 
MegamekNET Moderator

Kim Yao Ming,

A more complete list of our postings to the Main channel can be seen here (3 day ban for Kim Yao Ming for violations of chat rules).

You can appeal the ban as described here (Grievance and Appeals). [url][/url]

Baruk Khazad!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:55 pm 
Mekwars Developer

OK, here's my take, which is *NOT* subject to appeal.

I hate arranged games. I don't care in the least if you were blinded. Those are the rules of this server. The rules of this server, which you are assumed to have read, state that blinding is the supported game mechanism, not arranging, and if you are blinded while going active for an arranged game other than a make-up match, that's just how it is.

I don't care in the least how things worked on TigerShark's server. This is not his server. This server has at least 15 years more history than his. I wish that server well, but bitching about the differences will get you nowhere.

You do not get to call staff members douches. That, also, is in the rules. You do not get to call staff members' actions douche moves. Only a couple people have that luxury, and you are not one of them.

You seem to have little regard for the rules of this server. That will not serve you well in the long run.

Please note that I am *NOT* ruling on this complaint, I will let that play out as normal, and let the moderators deal with it.

World that keeps on spinning on a turntable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:05 pm 
Former MegaMekNET Campaign Operator

BarukKhazad is correct in all his posting, reasoning and ruling.

However, two things come into play.

1. The official appeal procedure cannot be honored at the moment because almost every moderator is absent at this point. That's why Spork and I deal directly with this appeal (and we consider this topic as such).

2. We have decided to change some guidelines regarding a PG-13 atmosphere. We will be more tolerating when it comes to swearing as long as it is not directed against a player, moderator or admin. Abuse of this will be dealt with punishment beyond your imagination though.
We felt that the chat needs more activity and that every player always watching his wording has led to some kind of graveyard peace.

Kim Yao Ming. You have insulted one of our moderators and lack knowledge of the Rules Set. This warrants a temporary ban. However, Spork and I are counting off most of your language infringements not directed towards a player and substract 2 days from your ban.
Read and honor the Rules and the Manifesto. The latter would have told you that if you have a problem with a moderator, you do not attack him and defend it with "it was the player, not the mod". You go to an admin and ask for council and help in this case.
Your ban will be lifted 16:50:26 PDT. This is a final ruling and may not be appealed.

Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:13 am 
Former MegaMekNET Campaign Operator

Apologies, Kim Yao Ming. The name was unbanned but not the IP. Staff will take care of that ASAP.

Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]