It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 12:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: appeal of the decision of baruckKhazad
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:54 pm 

Quote:
Ikeett, you were using a Heavy Hover APC(LRM) to carry a unit that weighs more 3 tons. This is a known issue with this APC unit and considered bug abuse . This is not the first time you have done this. As punishment I have scrapped the army, all other infantry, and then 50% of the remaining units in the hanger (every other unit starting from the top of the hanger).

The MegaMekNET rules (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=107), 3.7. Bugs & Loopholes " If you get any benefit off this bug, stop abusing it." and "If you find a way to get ahead of your fellow players abusing a more or less obvious loophole in the system, report it to a Moderator (private mail, ingame or on forum is suggested here) and don't use it. Exploiting bugs, and using game features in ways not intended to be used can result in harsh punishment".

You can appeal as described here (viewtopic.php?t=108).

Baruk Khazad!

1 ) Ikeett, you were using a Heavy Hover APC(LRM) to carry a unit that weighs more 3 tons : yes i aggree

2 ) This is a known issue with this APC unit : that is false : the know issue is the apc cant cary mecanized and obviously not ac infantery , there is absolutely no coment on what tonnage is really acceptable in the carrier for any player who look for that answer and the rule are not difficult to see what carrier can carry what by just following battletech rules :

heavy Tracked apc : total component 14 tons :Carrying Capacity: Troops - 6.0 tons
heavy Tracked apc (mg ):total component 14 tons 3 + 3 tons (of 4 mg +1 ton ammo )=3 tons left : Carrying Capacity: Troops - 3.0 tons
heavy Tracked apc (lrm):total component 14tons +2 tons = 4 tons left :Carrying Capacity: Troops - 3.0 tons ad you can see here it dont put 4 tons but only by increment of 3 tons making 1 ton lost
Heavy Tracked APC (SRM):total 14tons +3 = 3 tons = Carrying Capacity: Troops - 3.0 tons
heavy wheled : exactly the same as above 6/3/3/3 because only one unit goes to 6 so its immediatly put in a carrying weight capacity of 6 tons troopers

heavy hoover apc : 8 tons free by the same calculations , but if we also use increment of 3 = Carrying Capacity: Troops - 6.0 tons
heavy hoover apc (LRM ) : ( the one concerned by the "mistake" i presumably made in more detailed version :

1 tons cockpit

2 tons internal structure

3.3 tons of armor

75 ice engine : 4 tons ( tons difference with 100 ice in wheeled and tracked version making the hoover a little lighter )

2 mg present in all versions with half ammo =1.5

total : 11.8 ( let say 12 )

so there is 8 tons left for infantery bay +extra weapons

on the lrm version 2 tons more = 6 tons =Carrying Capacity: Troops - 6.0 tons

special rules :
engine minimum 20% of his tonnage 4 tons : tcheck
extra tonage for heat sink : no energy weapon :tcheck
no turret for 10% of internal tonnage : tcheck

the 2 other version are 5.5 and 5 tons free so if we use the increment of 3 (witch is really outdated way of creating vehicle thx again technical readouts flaws ^^ ) = Carrying Capacity: Troops - 3.0 tons

so here are the rules of battletech , so 6 tons infantery fit in the lrm version

but even if it wasnt the case i think just by being persuaded it is legit by briging all that to your attention you will be convince the next point is irrelevant :

3 ) and considered bug abuse : IF done on purpose in a way of having and advantage in the game (exploit bug :to take advantage of bug unethically or unjustly for one's own ends ) , (not if done on purpose because he though he was possible :/ )

( note i wont debate on the power of my 6 tons infantery but on the scrap list below or in my hangar you can see there is not a single unit who is not overall better than this one , there is even more better 3 tons to play in fact )

in my head i was happy this unit fit to get rid of it , far from having an advantage but you can also tell : haan he exploit a bug to be able to get rid of his worst unit !! com on be serious ^^

and i might add a perfect reason to do that : this infantery is made for city fight because she use only 1 mp to enter building and can climb and swarm leg attack : have a range of 3 and a move of 3 ( yes its really crapy ) and the reason is : it was in a hoover team constuct for the open

if i really wanted to get an advantage or get the edge by cheating i took smthg at least usefull not the worst choice possible for my team of hoover seeking plains fight ^^

4 ) This is not the first time you have done this : i have been declared innocent of what i was accused back then , you cant now say its false because you want it too , this as already been submitted to a jurry but You can appeal as described here (viewtopic.php?t=108).

more seriously : it was obvious it was a mistake i have done and after realizing i had miss read mecanized and motorised and didint see the 5 trooper of motorized either i was ashame of what i had done so i have been very thourought to never comit a mistake again on this

thats why i made the calculation the few years ago and i had them in the head like that is possible and put and ac 20 or any mecanized for that matter :isnt !!

5 )scrap #2807391 Heavy Hover APC (LRM) (4/4) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Reward Unit. BV: 327 Is Fully Functional #2803011 Motorized Anti-Personnel Platoon (CCAF) (4/5) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Built by Capellan Confederation on Corey. BV: 95 Is Fully Functional #2799820 Scimitar Medium Hover Tank (4/5) [91 EXP ] Kills: 0 Reward Unit. BV: 532 Is Fully Functional #2802445 Scimitar Medium Hover Tank (Missile) (4/4) [217 EXP ] Kills: 2 Reward Unit. BV: 810 Is Fully Functional #2786396 Scimitar Medium Hover Tank (4/5) [318 EXP ] Kills: 0 Training Unit. BV: 532 Is Fully Functional #2807392 Scimitar Medium Hover Tank (Missile) (4/5) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Reward Unit. BV: 704 Is Fully Functional #2807330 Mechanized Tracked Rifle Platoon (Assault Rifle) (4) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Reward Unit. BV: 115 Is Fully Functional #2807345 Mechanized Wheeled Field Gunners (AC10) (5) [0 EXP Natural Aptitude: Gunnery] Kills: 0 Built by Capellan Confederation on Terra Firma. BV: 205 Is Fully Functional #2802366 Mechanized Tracked Rifle Platoon (Heavy SRM) (4) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Training Unit. BV: 192 Is Fully Functional #2802368 Motorized Rifle Platoon (Assault Rifle) (4/5) [93 EXP ] Kills: 0 Training Unit. BV: 115 Is Fully Functional #2807347 Motorized Gyroslug Carbine Platoon (CCAF) (4/5) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Reward Unit. BV: 106 Is Fully Functional #2807348 Mechanized Tracked Rifle Platoon (Heavy SRM) (3) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Reward Unit. BV: 200 Is Fully Functional #2803006 Foot Rifle Platoon (Support MG) (4/5) [48 EXP ] Kills: 0 Built by Capellan Confederation on Sian. BV: 104 Is Fully Functional #2802976 Foot Laser Platoon (Support Laser) (4/5) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Built by Capellan Confederation on Terra Firma. BV: 110 Is Fully Functional #2803072 Motorized Assault Rifle Platoon (Portable AC) (4/5) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Built by Capellan Confederation on Terra Firma. BV: 108 Is Fully Functional #2803562 Po Heavy Tank (4/5) [43 EXP ] Kills: 0 Reward Unit. BV: 719 Is Fully Functional #2803568 Mechanized Tracked Grenade Launcher Platoon (Heavy) (5) [0 EXP Natural Aptitude: Gunnery] Kills: 0 Built by Capellan Confederation on Terra Firma. BV: 136 Is Fully Functional #2803003 Mechanized Tracked Rifle Platoon (Assault Rifle) (4) [92 EXP ] Kills: 0 Built by Capellan Confederation on Sian. BV: 132 Is Fully Functional #2802345 LCT-1E (4/5) [182 EXP ] Kills: 1 Training Unit. BV: 553 Is Fully Functional #2802347 RVN-4X (4/6) [110 EXP Gunnery/Ballistic] Kills: 0 Training Unit. BV: 879 Is Fully Functional #2802349 VL-5T (4/5) [56 EXP ] Kills: 1 Training Unit. BV: 942 Is Fully Functional #2802353 OSR-2C (4/5) [10 EXP Maneuvering Ace] Kills: 0 Training Unit. BV: 1292 Is Fully Functional #2802358 Scorpion Light Tank (LRM) (4/5) [43 EXP ] Kills: 0 Training Unit. BV: 425 Is Fully Functional #2802360 Goblin Medium Tank (SRM) (4/5) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Training Unit. BV: 647 Is Fully Functional #2802363 Bulldog Medium Tank (LRM) (4/5) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Training Unit. BV: 748 Is Fully Functional #2798937 Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (AC10) (4/5) [56 EXP ] Kills: 1 Training Unit. BV: 536 Is Fully Functional #2802098 Maxim Heavy Hover Transport (SRM2) (4/5) [106 EXP ] Kills: 0 Built by Capellan Confederation on Sian. BV: 763 Is Fully Functional #2802443 Tiger Medium Tank T-12 (4/6) [0 EXP Gunnery/Missile] Kills: 0 Reward Unit. BV: 595 Is Fully Functional #2802446 Packrat LRPV PKR-T5 (4/4) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Reward Unit. BV: 396 Is Fully Functional #2783552 Tiger Medium Tank T-12 (4/5) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Training Unit. BV: 574 Is Fully Functional #2799969 VL-2T (3/5) [22 EXP Gunnery/Missile Gunnery/Laser Natural Aptitude: Gunnery Gunnery/Ballistic] Kills: 4 Built by Capellan Confederation on Sian. BV: 940 Is Fully Functional #2801180 MAD-3D (4/5) [0 EXP Gunnery/Laser] Kills: 0 Built by Federated Suns on New Syrtis. BV: 1645 Is Fully Functional #2802091 Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (SRM) (4/5) [4 EXP Gunnery/Missile] Kills: 1 Built by Federated Suns on Addicks. BV: 880 Is Fully Functional #2807321 Scorpion Light Tank (SRM) (4/5) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Reward Unit. BV: 373 Is Fully Functional #2807386 SRM Carrier (4/4) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Reward Unit. BV: 938 Is Fully Functional #2807109 Hetzer Wheeled Assault Gun (4/5) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Sold by mysterious figures. BV: 574 Is Fully Functional #2807447 Scorpion Light Tank (5/5) [0 EXP Gunnery/Missile] Kills: 0 Reward Unit. BV: 275 Is Fully Functional #2807342 FLC-4N (4/5) [110 EXP ] Kills: 0 Sold by mysterious figures. BV: 610 Is Fully Functional #2799971 Scorpion Light Tank (4/5) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Built by Capellan Confederation on Epsilon Eridani. BV: 306 Is Fully Functional #2803814 Striker Light Tank (3/5) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Built by Capellan Confederation on Bryant. BV: 677 Is Fully Functional #2800721 Scorpion Light Tank (3/5) [0 EXP ] Kills: 0 Built by Capellan Confederation on Epsilon Eridani. BV: 367 Is Fully Functional

im totally agree of such drastic punishement for anyone exploiting bug or rules , i think its a good thing to enforce proper punishement for such behavior but only if its proven acurate not on the feeling of what could be the hidden agenda of someone based on paranoia or just the feeling your right .

i give a stupid expl to explain my point :

i know my unit can go there so i could imagine :
- he know perfectly the system of the forum to make me lose 2 day and sabotage my hangar to have and in game advantage over CC ( witch is a stupid assumption )
- he do that on purpose because he dont like my hoover team ( still stupid )
- he dont like me and do everything in his powerr to kick me out ( in dont think so either )

but just to say all thoses "theory " are just crap like the one wanting me to cheat on purpose : by puting a 3 tons too heavy crapy infantery on a hoover to cheat on purpose , or upset people or i dont know what else

i have seriously better thing to do instead of beeing a mad evil genius for better tomorrow on so ridiculous thing ^^ even thinking i could have done that on purpose its close to madness in my real and serious opinion or perhaps as mod you see a lot of devious behavior witch is bad , and can have twisted the way you see all the nice people playing megameck on this server .

just a last thing just to be clear about chat : its not always read or pay much attention because its a really dificult way of comunicating you cant really know when a information is passed properly or not , you just have to rely on hard stuff like forum who last longer but even so isnt looked everywhere by visitor , simply talking the same language could have been lot easier for me to explain all of this :/

thx for reading all this seriously and i hope i dont shoot myself in the foot by doing that post , and puting myself alone against friends , and get kicked for good to "simplify " things .

Post subject: Re: appeal of the decision of baruckKhazad
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:00 pm 

Your appeal has been noted and is being considered by the staff.

Got a good idea to add to MekWars? We'd love to hear about it. (from that page, go to "Tickets", then "Feature Requests")

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:06 pm 
Mekwars Developer

Ikeett, can you please post where you were "declared innocent" for me? I don't recall that.

World that keeps on spinning on a turntable.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:30 am 

In fact there was never a complaint about what happened before :

i was in a game with mechanized infantery in the hoover , the opposing player make me the remark we then stop the game and talked on the game chat perhaps ( it not yeasterday and dont recall very well )

i was stupidly sure of the rule so i stand my ground against the mod until i read the rule for the 3rd time and see my mistake ( a huge miss read )

when i saw my mistake i understand and apologize to all people who explain to me the thing

no complaint was done not a " 1st strike " just a discution between civilized people ( i had be an ass a little and i had apologize for this too because i was really sure ... )

EDIT : in fact i made a complaint that day aboult vulgarity but hopefully record everything thx forum to prove my saying today .

so it was implicit i was " innocent " or let say pure of heart on my lack of wits this day .

the all thing at the end was : you canot mecanized but motorized !! ( you moron i might add for myself )

if you need more details of the what lead me to believe i could put such infantery of the heavy weight superior to the weight of the hoover i can explain where it came from ^^( even if i prefer not to not be more ashame ^^ )

just to say i dont even recall if there was any forum post involved and seeing a 6 tons in the hoover he made it simple : again !

i can have made a mistake again but turn that in a : you cheated again , its a total absurdity , there was no real cheat on the first place or you would be sure there had a comlaint to refer to in the forum .

so to simplify :

nothing really happened exept me beeing an ass and having to apologize ( and not a big ass just sure i was right during 30 min 1 hour witch i understand can upset people ( no complaint either so probably not too much too ) but not make a Mod become partial i hope ...

Last edited by ikeett on Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:51 am 

sorry for the double post but i find it :

its like i said above :

but in fact its me complaining about deadweight because he insulted me ^^

and yes there was only chat discution :

[11:04] Deadweight [DC]: So... Anyone have any idea why MegaMek lets you load mechanized infantry platoons into APCs?
[11:08] Deadweight [DC]: It seems ridiculous that a 24 ton mechanized infantry platoon can be transported around by a 20 ton hovercraft... Also, everything I can find in TRO3060 and TechManual seem to indicate this is against the rules.
[11:08] Zerberus [DC]: it is
[11:09] >> Enter Mole
[11:10] Zerberus [DC]: 3 tons = foot platoon, 4 tons = jump platoon, 6 tons = motorized platoon. all other platoons cannot be carried by an APC we use here.
[11:11] Zerberus [DC]: unless they alow mechanized platoons that were decimated to 3 troopers ride in 3 t APCs as well
You counted towards production this tick (0.5 points worth).
[11:14] Zerberus [DC]: when in doubt, refer to section 3.7 of the rules
[11:16] Deadweight [DC]: I referred to TechManual page 239 that says mech inf can only be transported in 5ton bays that can only handle a squad of mech inf... not a platoon.
[11:17] Zerberus [DC]: well, if it is possible to load that, it is a bug and may not be used in a game
[11:18] Zerberus [DC]: because we do not use squads here, and there is no 20+t APC on this server either
Retrieving Operation Data Please Wait..
[11:20] Deadweight [DC]: ikeett how about we cancel that game
ikeett wishes to cancel Operation #1 Skirmish click here to confirm
[11:24] ikeett [FS]: yeah sure , i just gonna report this like i say
[11:25] ikeett [FS]: cloic on the main channel to cancel
ikeett wishes to cancel Operation #1 Skirmish click here to confirm
Cancelling Operation Skirmish
Attack #1 was cancelled by Deadweight (+50flu).
[!] A Federated Suns unit halted combat operations and returned to its post. You may attack it with Army 3. [Report]
[!] A Draconis Combine unit left the front lines and may no longer be attacked. [Report]
[*] You've left active duty and are now in reserve.
[11:33] >> Enter fahr
[11:36] ikeett [FS]: Infantry, Motorized (Bay / Compartment) 7 tons / 6 tons 1 per ton (‘Mech)* / 1 (Vehicle)** 28 troopers (Motorized Infantry) p 239
[11:37] ikeett [FS]: so even in detail the rule apply , but like ammo for infantery it has been simplify to any platoon ( note inf 2 shoot srms weight is 45 kg : per men ^^ and we have infinite ammo here )
[11:38] ikeett [FS]: Infantry, Foot (Bay / Compartment) 5 tons / 3 tons 1 per ton (‘Mech)* / 1 (Vehicle)** 28 troopers (Foot Infantry) Infantry, Jump (Bay / Compartment) 6 tons / 4 tons 1 per ton (‘Mech)* / 1 (Vehicle)** 28 troopers (Jump Infantry)
[11:38] ikeett [FS]: so yes a inf foot bay = 3 ton 4 for jump and 6 for mecanized
[11:39] ikeett [FS]: but of course its not weight related its nindatery bay rules not cargo or standar space
[11:39] Deadweight [DC]: No... it's 5 tons for mechanized
[11:40] Zerberus [DC]: it *is* weight related. have you ever checked platoon weight?
[11:40] Deadweight [DC]: and that's for 5 troopers
[11:40] Deadweight [DC]: not for 28
[11:40] ikeett [FS]: **All infantry bays or compartments on a Combat or Support Vehicle may be combined into a single, unifi ed infantry bay slot, regardless of the number of troopers or tonnage devoted to the space
[11:40] ikeett [FS]: i copy paste the rule book here
[11:40] Deadweight [DC]: that just means when you allocate criticals
[11:40] ikeett [FS]: 1 (Vehicle)** = 6 = 28 troopers (Motorized Infantry) p 239
[11:41] Zerberus [DC]: and you don't understand what you paste here
[11:41] Deadweight [DC]: 1 ton = 1 critical slot
[11:41] ikeett [FS]: 1 crit slot 6 ton weight and 28 mecanized capacity yes
[11:41] Zerberus [DC]: it means that when an APC has 3x2 ton for troops, it can carry a 6 t platoon
[11:41] Deadweight [DC]: exactly.. what Zerberus said
[11:42] ikeett [FS]: mecanized mean mecanized : 28 mecanized capacity for 6 tons seems simple enought ^^
[11:43] Zerberus [DC]: no.
[11:43] ikeett [FS]: Infantry, Foot (Bay / Compartment) 5 tons / 3 tons 1 per ton (‘Mech)* / 1 (Vehicle)** 28 troopers (Foot Infantry)
[11:43] Deadweight [DC]: Motoroized is different than Mechanized
[11:43] crucis Lancers [FS]: doesnt explain why if i shoot a building with a 28 tons mechanized infi ti fall easier than a stupid footie one
[11:43] ikeett [FS]: 3 ton for a foot
[11:44] crucis Lancers [FS]: i know cuz weight but bah ignore me
[11:44] Deadweight [DC]: Also, another problem with the heavy hover APC (SRM) is that it's got an SRM launcher too... so it doesn't actually have 6 tons of infantry bay space.. it's only got 3 tons. So all it can carry is a FOOT platoon.
[11:44] ikeett [FS]: theres no doubt in the rules and there almost 0 unit using infantery bay anyway in all the unit here
[11:45] Zerberus [DC]: you. do. not. understand. the. rules.
[11:45] ikeett [FS]: its not a pb : record sheet take precedence in all rules
[11:45] Deadweight [DC]: no
[11:45] Deadweight [DC]: I mean.. if that's the case, I'll go alter the record sheets and give all my Wasps as much armor as an Atlas.
[11:46] Deadweight [DC]: Don't think anyone's gonna let me get away with that, though.
[11:46] ikeett [FS]: tell me zerberus what i sdont understand in a perfectly clear rule i read
[11:46] Zerberus [DC]: 1 mechanized trooper weighs 1 ton.
[11:46] Zerberus [DC]: a single one.
[11:46] Zerberus [DC]: 20 is least number for a platoon.
[11:46] Zerberus [DC]: hover = 20
[11:46] Zerberus [DC]: wheeled = 24
[11:46] Zerberus [DC]: tracked = 28
[11:47] Zerberus [DC]: and that is the mass in tons for a full platoon
[11:47] Deadweight [DC]: Ideett, I think what you're misunderstanding is here in techmanual.... "may be designated as bays or as compartments, with the weight for each (respectively) shown under the Weight column."
[11:47] Zerberus [DC]: troop space goes by tons
[11:47] Deadweight [DC]: "repectively" refers to the chart that says 5 tons/ 3 tons
[11:48] Deadweight [DC]: so a FOOT infantry bay weighs 5 tons but a FOOT infantry compartment weighs 3 tons.
[11:49] Zerberus [DC]: if a 20 t APC with 3 t troop space carried a 24 t wheeled mech inf, it would be, it would be 17 t overweight (not mentioning that there should be a space issue
[11:49] >> Enter OrangeHand
[11:49] Deadweight [DC]: in both cases, the compartment/bay can carry a single FOOT infantry platoon.
[11:49] Deadweight [DC]: if you go down the list, a 6 ton compartment or 4 ton bay can carry a JUMP platoon
[11:50] Deadweight [DC]: and a 7 ton compartment or 6 ton bay can carry a MOTORIZED platoon
[11:51] Deadweight [DC]: and lastly... an 8 ton compartment or 5 ton bay can carry 5 MECHANIZED troopers... only 5 guys... not a platoon.
[11:51] Deadweight [DC]: Does that clear it up?
[11:51] Zerberus [DC]: that is a squad, btw
[11:51] Deadweight [DC]: I know
[11:51] Zerberus [DC]: a nechanized HOVER squad
[11:52] Deadweight [DC]: just indicating what it actually says in the rules.
[11:52] >> Enter Millygoat
[11:52] ikeett [FS]: i already understand that
[11:52] Zerberus [DC]: a WHEELED would be 6 t, and a TRACKED would be 7 t, and we still don't use squads here
[11:53] Zerberus [DC]: which means here the minimum requirement to transport a HOVER platoon would be a 20 t infantry bay
[11:53] Zerberus [DC]: which does not exist on this server
[11:53] Deadweight [DC]: Ok, so if you understand that, then you should easily understand why a Heavy Hover APC (SRM) that only has a 3 ton infantry compartment can NOT carry any platoon other than FOOT inf.
[11:53] Zerberus [DC]: which is why noone loads mechanised infantry in APCs
[11:54] ikeett [FS]: Infantry, Mechanized (Bay / Compartment) 8 tons / 5 tons 1 per ton (‘Mech)* / 1 (Vehicle)** 5 troopers (Mechanized Infantry) the space is more like you say here
[11:55] ikeett [FS]: only 5 trooper indicated and fit perfectly to the weight
[11:56] Zerberus [DC]: and where is the unit file of a mechanised hover SQUAD in your hangar, and how did it get there?
[11:57] ikeett [FS]: oh mecanised is bike
[11:57] ikeett [FS]: 6 tons
[11:57] Zerberus [DC]: because yes, if you somehow got a 5 trooper mechanised hover squad and an APC with 5 t of troop space, you actually could load that
[11:57] ikeett [FS]: i mean motorized
[11:57] Zerberus [DC]: that is motorised
[11:57] ikeett [FS]: yes ok
[11:58] Deadweight [DC]: Not really... Mechanized is more like... Well.. Infantry being transported in APCs :)
[11:58] ikeett [FS]: so its fit also perfectly 6tons for 6 tons
[11:58] Deadweight [DC]: Motorized is bikes/trucks/cars
[11:58] Deadweight [DC]: mechanized is more armored.
[11:58] ikeett [FS]: yesi know ...
[11:58] Zerberus [DC]: mechanised infantry is so heavy because they are all supposed to already HAVE their own mini-APCs ... -.-
[11:59] crucis Lancers [FS]: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... ianAWL.jpg
[11:59] crucis Lancers [FS]: motorized infantry !
[11:59] ikeett [FS]: but yes it the perfect score here : meaning over motorized it shouldnt be able to fit in the bay like indicated on this
[11:59] Deadweight [DC]: To be fair, mechanized infantry in BT make very little sense when they are compared to the other infantry types. I kind of wish they didn't exist at all because the rules for them are out to lunch.
[12:00] crucis Lancers [FS]: mechanized infantry and motorized is a way different concept
[12:01] Zerberus [DC]: I'd prefer to have a lot more motoized ...
[12:01] crucis Lancers [FS]: motorized: no armour, mechanized: armour
[12:01] ikeett [FS]: yeah motorised can climb swarme etc
[12:02] crucis Lancers [FS]: mechanized as cerberus said had their own transport wich is why they took lesser dmg in the open
[12:03] ikeett [FS]: ok so to be sure : in inf platoon bay we dont go over motorized ? ( because we can put 5 men meacanized ^^ )
[12:03] Zerberus [DC]: look at the tons of the infantry bay
[12:03] Zerberus [DC]: look at the tons of platoon
[12:04] Zerberus [DC]: if the latter is smaller or equal the former, you can load them
[12:04] Zerberus [DC]: it's really not that hard.
[12:04] Zerberus [DC]: and it's been like that since ... uh ... forever?
[12:05] ikeett [FS]: yeah sure but that mecanized 6 ton for 28 men confuse a little thinking it was motorized
[12:05] ikeett [FS]: or the opposite but you get it ^^
[12:05] ikeett [FS]: and megamech allowing it isnt helping
[12:05] Deadweight [DC]: fair enough... but that's the rule. Basically, on MMN, you can't put Mechanized infantry into a transport.
[12:05] Deadweight [DC]: I've put in a bug report.
[12:06] Zerberus [DC]: which is where MMNet rule 3.7 comes into play
[12:06] Zerberus [DC]: if you can do it although it is wrong, don't do it
[12:06] ikeett [FS]: yep ok but that was seconsady anyway , its not for few inches i made with the hoover before put them donw who change thing here , but it good to be cleare out
[12:07] ikeett [FS]: but we already talked about this particular hoover with many people but never saw that mecanized motorized confusion
[12:07] ikeett [FS]: now its very clear and by the book
[12:08] ikeett [FS]: so no more ac 20 infantery on my hoovers cariers ^^
[12:10] Deadweight [DC]: YIKES
[12:10] Deadweight [DC]: Yes... no more of those. That's terrifying.
[12:11] Zerberus [DC]: those would be even 15 t more with the gun
[12:11] Deadweight [DC]: Lol.. so... what you'd have is an immobilized Hover APC with an AC/20 mounted on top of it. Risky tactic!

Note i also thought i put a ac 20 in the hoover but in fact it was just a mecanized crapy stuff even back then lol not the unltimate combo to make people cry :)) ( ac 20 was just an expl of what i could do with my twisted interpretation of rules .

the post is here where i won the complaint : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8225

Very short (Klingon's) version: The only really identifiable foul here was c_gee's calling ikeett "jackass". Except for that, this was all a matter of perception/perspective, which merits clarification, not punishment. c_gee, the provocation you were experiencing, while valid, really doesn't seem to be intentional, so the punishment for the name-calling/language is less than it might have been. All that being said, we appreciate the bug being brought up.

OMG :

[12:03] ikeett [FS]: ok so to be sure : in inf platoon bay we dont go over motorized ? ( because we can put 5 men meacanized ^^ )
[12:03] Zerberus [DC]: look at the tons of the infantry bay
[12:03] Zerberus [DC]: look at the tons of platoon
[12:04] Zerberus [DC]: if the latter is smaller or equal the former, you can load them
[12:04] Zerberus [DC]: it's really not that hard.

exactly what i have done !!!

6 tons bay = motorised bay 6 tons = 6 tons inf its really not that hard ^^
EDIT :exactly what i have done without taking 2 tons for lifting equipement with make a miss calculation .
EDIT : i Just realized there is a Revised version of the tech readout i didnt have and i find it after figthing online to look at it :and there is a simplified and clearer description

so its 6 tons for basic version 3 for the other and 0 for the scout ones . ( in fact 6 ton with 2 Mg minus the tonage of extra weapons)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:43 pm 

From the original discussion, it was clear you understood that what you were doing was wrong (presumed inadvertently at the time), so we really don't buy that you didn't understand that now. In any event, with the punishment levied, you certainly can't say that now.

Staff's vote was to uphold the punishment as is.

f you wish to appeal that, you can, but the group that then decides is the admins, and I would caution you that punishment could be increased, and that decision will be final.

Got a good idea to add to MekWars? We'd love to hear about it. (from that page, go to "Tickets", then "Feature Requests")

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]