moderators behaviors

Report here bad behavior and rule breaking

Moderator: Moderators

ikeett

moderators behaviors

Post by ikeett » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:25 pm

i dont want to make everyone hate me but it happenend many time :

a rule point is discuss and a moderator just kick you out without a single explanation :

i can understand where there is bad word flying or when situation is tence

but i just wanted to say we all not have been raised by woolf in the wilderness :

a little message just before kick someone like : your an ass i kick you for 3 day , could really been nicer at least not wondering what is going on , did megameck freeze or bug ^^

for half wolves : you could also add :

your an ass i kick you for 3 day because ...smtgh ...

and if civilized : a little warning before any behavior is about to pass the line

here to come back to the last time i get kicked :

i put a 6 ton inf in a 4 tons hole : bad i made mistake , the mod told me it was illegal and he gonna scrap my team : i anwnser ok and put this post :viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8224&p=61428#p61428 to ask if its ok for future reference

i didnt do anything but comply and aggree on any "punishement" i gonna have to have done a mistake

so i waited for an anser team scrap or smthg and at some point without warning or explanation : kicked

so i really wonder why ? what did i do ?

if making the mistake woth a kick penality i could be informed no ?

Klingon

Re: moderators behaviors

Post by Klingon » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:39 pm

A kick or a short ban is seen as a minor penalty, or maybe a technical resolution.

For example, if I need you to log out and then back in, but you're not understanding me when I tell you this, I would kick you, knowing when you log back in the issue would be resolved, and not bother explaining (since you weren't getting my explanation before).

Bans usually are explained, although maybe not immediately. Usually they are done to give players who are emotionally engaged (read: pissed off, too much so to deal with) time to think things over and cool down.

I don't know about your situation; I'm looking into it.
"Grasshopper, the three secrets to life are as follows. First, keep your eyes and ears open. Second... don't tell everything you know."

Got a good idea to add to MekWars? We'd love to hear about it. (from that page, go to "Tickets", then "Feature Requests")

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Post by Tuco » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:50 pm

Have you read this: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=108 and is this an appeal against a moderator decision?

Or is it a complaint against a moderator in light of the Manifesto?
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.

Klingon

Post by Klingon » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:04 pm

BarukKhazad is acting on this as we speak. Expect the answer to your questions shortly.

If you get a punishment and want to appeal it, Tuco's link is the process for that.
"Grasshopper, the three secrets to life are as follows. First, keep your eyes and ears open. Second... don't tell everything you know."

Got a good idea to add to MekWars? We'd love to hear about it. (from that page, go to "Tickets", then "Feature Requests")

ikeett

Post by ikeett » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:33 pm

i dont complaint on descision , just could be nicer to send a little message to understand what is going on :)

but klingon make clear there is some reason to do so , tht also why i didnt quote any name because its irrelevant : not about my case but a general way of trating / talking to people : on a chat its very difficult way of comunicating .

and i dont want to pass like an ass until the other post is cleared of mistake but i probably have the right to put my inf in that carrier after all with will be very sad to be penalized on the 1st place

( note i understand i couldnt put a 24 tons we hd talk about it last year a lot but i really didnt pay attention 6 tons 4 tons difference so it wasnt intentional because it really was very far of the 1st pb i had ( ac 20 inf in that hoover lol ) ,not a crapy assault rifle stuff who give absolutely no hedge in a battle ^^ and perhaps fit in if i made the hoover calculations right )

Klingon

Post by Klingon » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:38 pm

Since this is taking a while, I'll give you a sneak preview; you deserve to know what's in the works, or at least why.

This has to do with your abuse of the bug allowing APCs to carry heavier infantry than should be legal. You got caught, told it was a bug, and why, and there's been more since then. BK is compiling the details; he wanted to ensure there was no modification of the account while he's looking at exactly what to do, is why you got banned, it's not part of any punishment.

Tuco
MegamekNET Campaign Operator

Post by Tuco » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:40 pm

This is not a discussion Forum. Appeal or Complain.

Locking.
When the injustice is great enough, Justice will lend me the strength needed to correct it.
None may stand against it.
It will shatter every barrier, sunder any shield, tear through any enchantment and lend its servant the power to pass sentence.
Know this: there is nothing on all the Planes that can stay the hand of justice when it is brought against them.
It may unmake armies. It may sunder the thrones of gods.
Know that for ALL who betray Justice, I am their fate... and fate carries an Executioner's Axe.