Complaint

Report here bad behavior and rule breaking

Moderator: Moderators

Brown_Adept

Complaint

Post by Brown_Adept » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:03 pm

Greetings,

I respectfully request that I am groot be reminded of courteous behavior and to stop insulting me. I don't know if it's joking (don't know how "you're full of shit" is a joke) or not and am unaware of any offense that I've given him.

Brown Adept

TigerShark
Mekwars Server Operator

Re: Complaint

Post by TigerShark » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:22 pm

"i am groot" is a player who is supposed to be currently banned. His other account was "enochissac". I hadn't mentioned anything previously as I didn't know if Tuco or Spork had made a verbal arrangement with the guy. I'm guessing not, though, now that I'm reading this.

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Nastyogre » Fri May 03, 2019 1:55 pm

Sorry I missed this. I will check the current punishment list in the staff forum and apply necessary remedies.

EnochIssac

Post by EnochIssac » Fri May 03, 2019 4:35 pm

/mail brown adept, I am deeply sorry I offended you, I was joking with you. I like you and see you as my friend some times friend joke or insult each other for a laugh. I take responsibility and value your friendship. If you can see past it.

Sent this message on the game 3 days ago.
Send PM on the forum, yesterday.

No reply!

I haven't logged in much since I found this happened.
Don't want to fight about this. This the last place to megamek, so few games know.

Thanks

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Nastyogre » Fri May 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Brown Adept, if you would comment here. I would like to know you are not avoiding the server due to another player's behavior.

Enochissac. You are not currently banned. Your list of offenses, warnings and unacceptable behavior is long, as I am sure you are aware. Whether or not you agree with it, I know you know about it. I had to corral you more than once as a faction leader, to say nothing of the actions of the staff.

This is my ruling. Keep your language and behavior "G" rated. In other words, like children's cartoons. No cursing, no references to genitalia. No using the term "gay" (except as a general term and not as a derogatory term) "fag" "homo" "dike" or any other reference to sexual behavior, choices or anything that would even remotely offend anyone.

Yes this is more restrictive than would be reasonable for other players. You consistently show the inability to self-regulate. Honestly, every line you type in chat should be preceded by the question to yourself. "Should I say this?" Make a note and put it on your monitor if you have to.

You are right there is almost nowhere else to play and few people to play. That does not change the expectation of behavior. We have no time or patience for anything but the most respectful of behaviors. If you cannot accept this, say so and I can enact a ban.

Nasty

Nastyogre
MegamekNET Moderator

Post by Nastyogre » Fri May 10, 2019 4:42 am

Final follow up. Enochissac had his account deleted for the offense prior to this one (profanities at a moderator) but no ban was enacted. Because no IP ban was leveled he could return with a different account, thus I am Groot exists.

Since he seems to have accepted my ruling, I will let that lie.

The behavior expectation is permanent unless appealed, as is always an option.