It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sim Battles viewable
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:40 pm 

Basically, why not make the Sim battles visible to faction mates when they go active? That's who they're meant for, so why not show them in army reports; this would increase the number of games played just by fact of having the option visible. Only problem I can see is if your not able to deny op, it can get abused.

Post subject: Re: Sim Battles viewable
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:20 pm 

So if an army is eligible for a Tac Sim, you want it to show up in the activity report?

I don't know if that's possible. Or if we did make it possible it might make it so you could scout the front lines with it. I'm not sure. It's kind of an odd mechanic that allows for Tac Sim.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:40 pm 

It's definitely possible, but there's a major rub. There's no "same faction only" setting in the ops editor, so currently you can play a TacSim against anyone, even if they're in a different faction.

That works fine if the op is AFR-only. But in the context of active duty, the inability to make ops same faction-only means a CC player could launch a TacSim against a FWL player and actually *force* them to defend the TacSim. That's definitely undesired.

By making TacSims AFR-only that ensures that both parties have willingly decided to play an op that yields no money, land, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:57 pm 

Perfect Jackal. I knew there were good reasons for how we set these up. You did it mostly, but I know we had talked about it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]